"Picturing Britain" British by TheBritophile

British Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos

A Britophile's Longing

I am a die-hard Britophile: I daydream about tea, heavenly accents, digestive biscuits, Ascot, and the Queen--embarrassingly often. I long for rainy days when the sun insists on shining, and sometimes prefer a semi-good-tasting English pastille to a delicious American cookie. My love of Britain borders on the nonsensical.

For years I have had a fascination with Britain, and England in particular, but it's hard to find a reason. If I could pinpoint a beginning for all of it, I would say that it was reading novels about the kings and queens of England, and becoming absolutely obsessed with King Henry VIII and Richard III, not to mention King Arthur.

Despite never having been to the British Isles, I am passionately in love with the place. What makes Britain so special? I'm not quite sure, but I want to find out more about it. I want to actually go there someday and experience this magnetic mystique for myself. I want to satisfy this inexplicable craving. And that's where my journey begins!

P.S. Read more of my personal journey over at www.TheBritophileDiaries.blogspot.com, and my British "explorations" at www.PictureBritain.com.

• Intro Written Oct 28, 2011

“"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -Helen Keller”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in British

Have you been to British?

Latest Activity in British