"State of New Southwhales" State of New South Wales by elhombre30
State of New South Wales Travel Guide: 12,430 reviews and 32,601 photos
New South Wales is in the south-east part of the Australian continent and is the most populous and heavily industrialized State in Australia, with a highly urbanized population.
Sydney City is the capital of state of NSW. The city's icons include The Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney Harbour Bridge and The Sydney Opera House. Sydney hosted the 2000 Olympic Games, an important international finance centre and home to one of the world's great seaports.
Everyone wants to go to Sydney...
This is the oldest and most historic area of Sydney. Named after its rough terrain, it survived for nearly two centuries as Sydney’s main working class area. Amongst the warren of lanes and pebbled streets there is plenty to see and do, including Susannah Place, The Garrison Gallery, The Military Museum, and Cadman’s Cottage. The Museum of Contemporary Art and the S H Erwin Gallery and the nearby Sydney Observatory offer something a little more "contemporary". If you have had enough history, there is always an endless array of restaurants, pubs, shops and a crafty weekend market.
SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
Designed by Danish architect Jorn Utzon and covered in over one million white granite tiles imported from Sweden, the sail-like roofed house was completed in 1973, fourteen years in the building and A$95 million over budget. An argument made Utzon resign in the late 1960s, but his original design ideas are now at last being implemented. A centre for the Arts, the Sydney Opera House is home to Opera Australia, the Sydney Symphony Orchestra, and the Sydney Theatre Company and is now one of the most famous buildings in the world.
THE SYDNEY TOWER
Sydney Tower (also known as the AMP Tower, AMP Centrepoint Tower) is Sydney's tallest free-standing structure, and the second tallest in Australia. It is also the second tallest observation tower in the Southern Hemisphere.
The tower stands 305 m (1,001 ft) above the Sydney CBD, being located at 100 Market Street, between Pitt and Castlereagh Streets. It is accessible from the Pitt Street Mall, and sits upon Centrepoint an office and shopping centre development. The tower is open to the public, and is one of the most prominent tourist attractions in the city, being visible from a number of vantage points throughout town and from adjoining suburbs.
Public access to the tower began in August 1981.
THE QUEEN VICTORIA BUILDING
Built in 1989 to celebrate Queen Victoria's golden jubilee, the QVB is a history lesson and shopping experience rolled into one. Designed to resemble a Byzantine palace, marvel at the central copper dome and the glass roof, take note of the orginal floor tiles and cast iron circular staircase and then you could even think about doing some shopping. With over 200 stores there is something for everyone, particularly if you are in search of a designer label or two. Fashion, art, antiques, gifts, souvenirs, jewellery, cafes, this is a shopaholics paradise.
(Note: I just copy paste all the information and facts about attractions listed above from the official website of NSW. I will write my own personal travelogue in my Review pages)
- Pros:Too many attractions in the area
- In a nutshell:You can go east to west and south to north of NSW - More to see!
elhombre30's Related Pages
State of New South Wales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My 20 days in NSW"
- "The Founding State"
- "N.S.W..Lakes, desert, beaches, mountains & SKIING!"
- "THE WARATAH - STATE EMBLEM OF NEW SOUTH WALES"
- "New South Wales - Land of Beauty & Contrasts"
- "Places close to Sydney"
- "New South Wales -- A Wonderful STATE of Being."
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of New South Wales
- Hotels in State of New South Wales
- Transportation in State of New South Wales
- Nightlife in State of New South Wales
- Restaurants in State of New South Wales
- Shopping in State of New South Wales
- Warnings and Dangers in State of New South Wales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of New South Wales
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to State of New South Wales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of New South Wales
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Island Intro, 24 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Bohol Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Busan Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Macao Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Manila Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Pundaquit Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Sydney Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos