"Baguio City" Baguio City by elhombre30
Baguio City Travel Guide: 830 reviews and 2,406 photos
Baguio is also known as the Summer Capital of the Philippines, City of Pines,
City of Mines, City of Flowers, Garden City of the Philippines.
Philippines being a tropical country averaging 27-38 degrees Celcius is lucky enough to discover the Haven of Baguio. 6-7 Hours land travel from Metro Manila is worth the trip when you first feel the much awaited "cold breeze" which you can never experience in Manila (Manila, the capital city of the Philippines). Known as the Summer capital, many would prefer to spend some weekend here to primarily escape Manila's very hot weather. Also, this popular city is the home of Philippine Military Academy. For more than 100 years, PMA, the officers school of the Armed Forces in the Philippines has made the Summer Capital its best training site. The Camp John Hay, former American rest & recreation facility is still the most popular mountain resort in the Philippines. The Mines View Park, The Mansion (The Official Rest House of the President), Baguio public market - wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, Burnham Park, Strawberry Farm - are some of the places to visit.
The annual Flower Festival called Penagbenga is a month-long celebration that has been the city’s showcase for more than a decade now. Crowds of tourists are always expected to flock to arrive which has drawn tourists from local and abroad. The most awaited event is the parade of beautiful and well crafted Flower floats. Showcasing from smallest to biggest flowers in the city, from a plain white to the most colorful piece, wild flowers, roses, tulips and so many more. This main event is participated by large companies not just in Baguio but throughout the Philippines. It has been proven this parade of flower floats is one of the most expensive event during the festival.
Check Baguio's official travel website for dates of Penagbenga Festival
Marcos Highway -- OPEN
Kennon Road -- OPEN
Naguilian Road -- OPEN
Halsema Highway -- OPEN
Baguio-Nueva Vizcaya Road -- OPEN
(Note that some of these main roads are closed if heavy rain and thick fog)
- Pros:Best weather
- Cons:6 hours land travel. no air flight
elhombre30's Related Pages
Baguio City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baguio city"
- "Baguio Today"
- "Baguio City - It's a "cool" place"
- "City of Pines and Mums"
- "Baguio For Christmas Break"
- "Summer Capital of the Philippines"
- "i see pine trees of green, red roses too"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baguio City
- Hotels in Baguio City
- Transportation in Baguio City
- Nightlife in Baguio City
- Restaurants in Baguio City
- Shopping in Baguio City
- Warnings and Dangers in Baguio City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Baguio City
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Baguio City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baguio City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Island Intro, 24 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Bohol Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Busan Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Macao Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Manila Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Pundaquit Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Sydney Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos