"Sawadee Ka Bangkok!" Bangkok by elhombre30

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,765 reviews and 24,360 photos

The preparation

It was pretty incredible to see a place that people travel from all over the world to visit, and see firsthand the vastness of a specific tourist spot in your preferred destination. For me, photos of all famous attractions in the internet will never be real unless I see and touch it first hand. LOL

One of my past time is reading travel blogs. And I read a lot of travel stories about ASIAN countries and top of the list destinations is Bangkok. Hmmmm sounds interesting where people of different races across the world travel and fell in love with Thailand. That encouraged me to see Bangkok! And recently, an interesting fact that Yahoo.com issued about the 10 TOP BEST Cities in the World and Bangkok is on the top list beating Milan, Paris, New york and some of the worlds most famous cities. Hmmmmm Interesting!

Few weeks before the departure date was too hustle preparing the itinerary yet it's full of excitement. Online blogs that would help me create a better and organized where-abouts in Bangkok, learning basic Thai language and printing some of the addresses / attractions in Thai writing for easier communications. I downloaded a MAP in the internet however I am unsure if it will be helpful since I completely do not understand anything in the map.

ALL SET and ready aboard!

The Arrival

Flight is at 9:30 PM Manila time however, Cebu Pacific being so famous with it, again is delayed for 1 hour. (May issue talaga ako sa Cebu Pac LOL. On the other side of the story, Cebu pac is also one of the best in terms of offering very cheap airfare all over hundreds of domestic and international flights. Just always visit their website from time to time).

We arrived at the hotel at 3:30AM (2hours late than estimated). First plan was ruined by delayed flight since it's too late to go out. (We planned to go to Patphong, "Party place at night", shall I say SUPER EXTREME NIGHT PARTY LOL). Anyway, I arranged my luggage and took a shower and off to bed.

Owsss before I forgot, I would like to thank Myla A. Caceres, Director of Sales and Marketing of Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom for hosting me 2 nights accommodation with breakfast each morning for 2 ALL FOR FREE. It's great to be part of Intercontinental Hotels Group for we have thousands of hotel chains around the world which I can get very cheap employee rate. But this free accommodation is one of a kind offer. Thanks Myla.. Kisses :).

Woke up at around 7:00 AM for sumptuous breakfast is worth it. I totally forgot the tiring flight and 3 hours sleep upon seeing the bountiful breakfast options. From fresh fruits, different type of breads and cereals, fresh milk, fruit juices, my favorite egg omelet and crispy bacon.

And breakfast done...

And the city tour begins. Took out the printed Map and went to our first destination, the Grand Palace.

The Attractions

Getting to Grand Palace is a lot easier by taking Taxi or "tuk-tuk" however, according to one travel blog I read, it is much more exciting to take Ferry thru Chao Phraya river to be able to see more of Bangkok. Therefore we decided to take that option. The Taksim Ferry station is approximately 10 minutes walk from our hotel in Silom Street where you can ride a Ferry worth 200.00 baht per person to Tan Thien Station.
Here are some photos took while on cruise.

After 5-7 minutes, we arrived at the ferry terminal which is about 300 steps to Grand Palace Entrance. There were several thai's offering you their goods and they will write the amount in a piece of paper (They are not an English country at all) . And if you response "so expensive!", they will hand you over the pen and the piece of paper so you can write the amount you want to bargain. LOL... Nice!

Right stepping at the main gate of the Grand Palace, there you can see hundreds of foreigners! They all scattered in different corners. Most of them are Chinese and Koreans, and some Westerners.
Due to my "broken pant" as they describe it, the security personnel did not allow me to enter the Palace and advised me to rent a "pants" and so with other tourist wearing shorts and sleeveless shirts - 200.00 baht rent refundable.
No wonder it's called GRAND PALACE, it is really beautiful! I imagine how Thai's in their creative and craftsmanship skills build this huge temples within the complex piece by piece. It could have been taken years to complete every single details of four each corners of this dazzling and spectacular Palace. Here are some of the photos and be get amazed!

• Pros:Bangkok has wide variety of attractions to offer, Nightlife, Culture, Art and many more!
  • Cons:Do not go upstairs for Night go go Shows - Its very dangerous!
  • In a nutshell:Bangkok makes me crazy! LOL!
  • Last visit to Bangkok: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

elhombre30 Visits Here Frequently!

“God, Thank you for all the blessings!”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok