""Coron Palawan, a dream Come True..."" Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Island by elhombre30

Coron Island Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 456 photos

The Facts about Palawan

Palawan is composed of the long and narrow Palawan Island, plus a number of other smaller islands surrounding the main island. The Calamianes Group of Islands, to the northeast consists of Busuanga Island, Culion Island, and Coron Island.

Palawan, the only Philippine island cited, is rated by National Geographic Traveler magazine as the best island destination in East and Southeast Asia region in 2007, and the 13th best island in the world having "incredibly beautiful natural seascapes and landscapes. One of the most biodiverse (terrestrial and marine) islands in the Philippines...- Source, Wikipedia.

Two major entry point to Palawan is Puerto Princesa, home of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River National Park and Busuanga Island whose main town is Coron.

We chose to travel Coron for it has several beautiful surrounding islets.

Coron, the Philippines' Haven

Beautiful white sand beaches, stunning gigantic rock formation, the best snorkeling spot ever been, very clean water (literally bluish and greenish water). - my most memorable birthday experience in an enchanting paradise of Coron Palawan.

There are packages offered in different websites with accommodations, island hopping and meals included for a cheaper price however you can opt to do your own itineraries for the ff reasons:
1.) You may have limited time to spend in each of the island destinations.
2.) There are several tourist who can join you in the group, you might not get comfortable with it.
3.) Meals served are limited.
4.) Time constraint.

On the other hand, if you'll choose not to go with any packages, definitely you can manage your own time, anyway the boat will be waiting, you can prepare your own desired meals, it's more relaxing. After all, all you wish is a memorable and fun vacation with no hustle.

Nature at its BEST

Must see sights:

Siete Pecados
Banol Beach
Barracuda Lake
Twin Lagoon
Skeleton Ship Wreck
Kayangan Lake

I just couldn't stop myself from ticking on my camera while doing the Island Hopping. I end up having more than 4,000 photos plus videos for a total of 12 gig additional memory in my laptop.

I am inlove with Coron and thankful that God created this wonder in the Philippines for I don't have to travel far to get here. I just hope my fellow filipinos will take good care of this God's gift so we can continue putting Philippines to the list of TOP destinations to visit worldwide.

• Pros:Best to describe Coron - GOD'S GIFT
  • Cons:Excessive entrance fee ranges from 100 - 200 pesos per Island.
  • In a nutshell:Best Snorkeling site ever!
  • Last visit to Coron Island: Apr 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2011

• heydelin's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Coron is the most amazing place I've been too and would always love to go back! I spent my birthday lunch at Banol beach this year!

• Apr 13, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Is this page still active? been two years. nice 'though; very informative. Am planning to visit coron soon. Would be glad to read more of your travels. Inshallah

• paolodecastro's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Improved coron page...great...:)

• Rastarigo's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2011 at 1:49 AM

grabeh ganda ng coron pix mo. super quality!

• elhombre30's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM

yes mircaskirca, ralphs is one of the budget yet good hotels. if youre traveling with a family and looking for something luxurious, there are 2 stars hotel in the area but i didnt stay there and prefers budget hotels.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2011 at 1:09 AM

great insight into this beautiful place! and where are days 3 and 4? well, I'm going to visit Coron in January so I'm interested what else to see and do there. and yes, I totally agree about the excessive entrance fees for each stop. it should be charged only once and valid for the whole archipelago. is Ralph's pension a nice place to stay? I'm looking for a quiet family-run place with friendly owners :)

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I explored Coron last year alone :) It's a great experience. I love the place so much.

elhombre30

“God, Thank you for all the blessings!”

Badges & Stats in Coron Island

Have you been to Coron Island?