""Coron Palawan, a dream Come True..."" Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Island by elhombre30
Coron Island Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 456 photos
Palawan is composed of the long and narrow Palawan Island, plus a number of other smaller islands surrounding the main island. The Calamianes Group of Islands, to the northeast consists of Busuanga Island, Culion Island, and Coron Island.
Palawan, the only Philippine island cited, is rated by National Geographic Traveler magazine as the best island destination in East and Southeast Asia region in 2007, and the 13th best island in the world having "incredibly beautiful natural seascapes and landscapes. One of the most biodiverse (terrestrial and marine) islands in the Philippines...- Source, Wikipedia.
Two major entry point to Palawan is Puerto Princesa, home of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River National Park and Busuanga Island whose main town is Coron.
We chose to travel Coron for it has several beautiful surrounding islets.
Beautiful white sand beaches, stunning gigantic rock formation, the best snorkeling spot ever been, very clean water (literally bluish and greenish water). - my most memorable birthday experience in an enchanting paradise of Coron Palawan.
There are packages offered in different websites with accommodations, island hopping and meals included for a cheaper price however you can opt to do your own itineraries for the ff reasons:
1.) You may have limited time to spend in each of the island destinations.
2.) There are several tourist who can join you in the group, you might not get comfortable with it.
3.) Meals served are limited.
4.) Time constraint.
On the other hand, if you'll choose not to go with any packages, definitely you can manage your own time, anyway the boat will be waiting, you can prepare your own desired meals, it's more relaxing. After all, all you wish is a memorable and fun vacation with no hustle.
Must see sights:
Skeleton Ship Wreck
I just couldn't stop myself from ticking on my camera while doing the Island Hopping. I end up having more than 4,000 photos plus videos for a total of 12 gig additional memory in my laptop.
I am inlove with Coron and thankful that God created this wonder in the Philippines for I don't have to travel far to get here. I just hope my fellow filipinos will take good care of this God's gift so we can continue putting Philippines to the list of TOP destinations to visit worldwide.
- Pros:Best to describe Coron - GOD'S GIFT
- Cons:Excessive entrance fee ranges from 100 - 200 pesos per Island.
- In a nutshell:Best Snorkeling site ever!
I just got some of my favorite photos of my self here. A jumping shots and a pose which I love to do in front of the... more travel advice
Yes! You will own an Island for a certain a day. I experienced this in Pass Island about 1 hour a half travel by boat... more travel advice
elhombre30's Related Pages
Coron Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enchanting Coron Island"
- "Coron Birthday Blast"
- ""Coron Palawan, a dream Come True...""
- "Coron kambak kambak"
- "CORON ISLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coron Island
- Hotels in Coron Island
- Transportation in Coron Island
- Nightlife in Coron Island
- Restaurants in Coron Island
- Shopping in Coron Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Coron Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coron Island
- 24 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Coron Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coron Island
- Commented on one of elhombre30's Coron Island travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: So excited to meet VT members..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Strike a pose in the Island"
- updated a Coron Island Travel Page ""Coron Palawan, a dream Come True...""
- Wrote a Review Strike a pose in the Island in Coron Island Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Island Intro, 24 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Bohol Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Busan Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Macao Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Manila Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Pundaquit Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Sydney Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos