"Winter in Busan South Korea" Busan by elhombre30

Busan Travel Guide: 306 reviews and 758 photos

The Busan Background

At first, Busan, South Korea is really not in my list of dream destinations. I haven't got any idea about the culture, location, economy and entertainment of this city. Then it all started when one local airline company here in the Philippines offers a great deal for all domestic and international flight if purchasing the ticket in advance. So we booked the air ticket and start doing research. In several blogs I read, I learned that Busan is really an interesting place. Economy is one of fastest growing in Asia and this a pretty new country. Home of the largest port in Korea which has easy access to nearby Asian countries like Japan. It is the 2nd largest city in Korea after Seoul.

** If you wanna learn more about Cebu Pacific air, check their website at www.cebupacificair.com for ZERO and PISO (Piso is a local term for 1 Peso Philippines currency) fare promotions. This is a huge discount paying only travel tax and some other surcharges. More of Cebu Pacific air details will be posted in my next review.

The Research

The interesting part of my research is the Climate. Busan is classified as humid subtropical, and rarely experiences extremely hot or cold temperatures. According to weather forecast websites, average temperatures in the warmest months of June, July, and August, are 25 degrees Celsius, and the coldest months of December, January, and February, are 10, 7, and 8. My travel date is November 25, 2011 so it falls under the start of Winter season.

For us living in a tropical countries like Philippines, we want to experience Cold season (even a dream of experiencing real snow). And that starts the excitement of my travel to Busan.

There are bounty of tourist spots listed in Busan but I was more interested in Oedo Botania Garden - the photos just looks so amazing and I can't wait to see it.

The Experience

I am loaded with information about the city prior the actual date of travel. In fact I have several print outs of lists of tourist spots, direction on how to get there, the conversion rate of local currency, how to get to hotel, how to go around Busan using public transportation and its estimated prices. But i forgot one of the most important thing to do and that is to learn basic Korean like Good day, Thank you, Good evening and Hi or Hello. I had hard time communicating with them and I end up mastering sign languages.

I am excited to share my travel stories and experiences. It was only 3 days stay but I think I was able to visit the must see attractions in the area with the Help of Busan Tour Bus courses.

I am starting to build my pages one by one. Plenty to share!

• Pros:Public transportation and Hiways are impressive!
  • Cons:Most restaurants are in chinese charactes, hard to choose food to order
  • In a nutshell:My trip was awesome! Exceeded my expectations
  • Last visit to Busan: Nov 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 30, 2011

elhombre30 Visits Here Frequently!

elhombre30

“God, Thank you for all the blessings!”

Badges & Stats in Busan