"Adventure in Turrialba!" Turrialba by Traveller28
Turrialba Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 40 photos
Turrialba is a beautiful town located just one and a half hours from San Jose. It offers a lot to its visitors and the drive to the area is stunning. The landscapes and views are truly authentic and unique, allowing the visitor to enjoy an off the beaten path destination.
This town offers many adventure activities, being rafting, the main activity of the area, thanks to the imponent Pacuare River.
As I have mentioned Pacuare River is a jewel of our country and for Turrialba. Cataloged as one of the top ten rivers to white water raft in the world, this river not only offers great conditions to practice this sport, also offers beautiful landscapes and amazing views of the canyon.
Turrialba offers some unqiue settings for the visitors. Great location, close to San Jose and easy to transport to, also gives a good range of activities to practice, such as canyoning, zip lining, horseback riding, arqueological tours and the big star: Rafting at Pacuare River!
This town gives a different feeling from some of the main tourist destinations in the country.
The accommodation offer is good, very authentic and in some cases rustic, but also up scale and perfect for a holiday in the countryside.
- Pros:Location, activities, Pacuare River
- Cons:variety of hotels, tourist services
- In a nutshell:A unique and authentic destination!
Turrialba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Turrialba to the Rio Pacuare"
- "Pacquare River Base-camp"
- "Adventure in Turrialba!"
- "Learning spanish in Turrialba!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turrialba
- Hotels in Turrialba
- Transportation in Turrialba
- Nightlife in Turrialba
- Restaurants in Turrialba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turrialba
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Turrialba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turrialba
- updated a Turrialba Travel Page "Adventure in Turrialba!"
- Posted in Travel Costa Rica Forum "Re: One Week In Costa Rica"
- Commented on one of Traveller28's Turrialba travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pacuare River is adventure!!"
- Wrote a Review A home away from home in Turrialba Hotels
- Uploaded a Video to Turrialba