"Ilocos Sur--Discovering places up north" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ilocos Sur by IamPam

Province of Ilocos Sur Travel Guide: 540 reviews and 1,673 photos

My childhood neighborhood

I'm proud to say that I am priviledged to have roots here in Ilocos. My father is a native of Magsinggal Ilocos Sur and back when I was a baby, my parents left me there with my grand mother until I was a year old. I remember going here every summer and going to Vigan on a daily basis.

Growing up

Back when I was a kid, Ilocos was just the place where we visit our relatives. I didn't gave too much appreciation to it until I reached my high school days. Little by little, I became aware of how historically rich Ilocos is, and how many places you can see and appreciate. I'm happy that I could go back here yearly to discover more places...

Unlimited places to see

The Ilocos region boasts not only one attraction but an array of different eye candies, starting off at Quirino bridge to the tip of Maira-ira in Pagudpud. Historic junkies, nature lovers and foodies will surely enjoy this Northern part of Luzon

• Pros:Historic
  • Cons:Long commute
  • In a nutshell:Vigan and a lot more
  • Last visit to Province of Ilocos Sur: Apr 2013
  • Intro Updated Jul 8, 2013

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2013 at 4:55 AM

haha, after doing some research it is not the same place as it is named after the former president, not the village!

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2013 at 4:51 AM

I have to ask you is this new Quirino Bridge located at Quirino, the Quirino that is around 24 kms north of Cervantes? I know that there is more than one Quirino but the surrounding hills look as if it may be the same place. My wife was born in Quirino and left there when she was 4 yrs old as Marcos gave land in Palawan to Ilocanos who wanted to settle elsewhere. We were there 3 years ago and i really enjoyed the quiet village.

IamPam Visits Here Frequently!

IamPam

“To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice”

Badges & Stats in Province of Ilocos Sur

Have you been to Province of Ilocos Sur?