"HELLO BALER!" Top 5 Page for this destination Baler by IamPam
Baler Travel Guide: 156 reviews and 488 photos
We went to Baler last May 27, right after typhoon Chedeng was threatening to make landfall right in the middle of Aurora. After too much praying and bargaining with God to spare Baler, we were given not only one but two sunny days in Baler. It was that time that I felt that we were blessed.
With my high school friends we geared up for atleast 5 1/2 hours of travel from Manila to Baler. We departed Manila at 12:30 am then arrived in Baler at around 7:30am.
Because we traveled at night, we didn't proceed to Baler immediately. We were made to wait for other groups at Cabanatuan Nueva Ecija for safety reasons. Apparently there's safety in numbers when traveling to Baler at night.
After one hour or so of waiting, we were again on the road. Be ready for twisting roads and alternating paved and rough roads. If you are prone to car sickness I suggest that you drink some medicine to help you during the trip. Moreover, I would also suggest that you don't sleep throughout the trip especially during the crack of dawn because you'll miss the stunning view of the Sierra Madre when the sun hits it.
There are three things that I will never forget in Baler. Number one is how the sun shines in the morning. It was by far the most bizarre sunrise that I ever saw so far...to describe it, it looks like how the sun set in the afternoon but in the very early morning.
Second,Baler's little houses. Almost all the houses there are really small even the hotels. Their houses have low ceilings and small doors and windows by my standard. From what me and my friends are guessing, maybe their houses look like this to prevent damages from the storms that are frequently passing their province.
Third and most importantly...surfing.
- Pros:Great for surfing
- Cons:limited traveling choices
- In a nutshell:Uniquely Baler
Being first timers in Baler, we were practically at the mercy of the surf tour organizers when it comes to choosing our... more travel advice
Remember when you're a kid during a field trip? that's exactly how I felt when we went to Museo De Baler. The Museum has... more travel advice
IamPam's Related Pages
Baler Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BALER...coconut trees, forest and the blue ocean"
- "There's More To Baler Than The Sunrise"
- "That perfect sunrise"
- "Baler with Lunti"
- "HELLO BALER!"
- "BEAUTIFUL PLACE, and LOTS TO DO"
- "Baler, Aurora"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baler
- Hotels in Baler
- Transportation in Baler
- Restaurants in Baler
- Shopping in Baler
- Warnings and Dangers in Baler
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baler
- 7 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Baler?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baler
Photos in BalerSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Sagada Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos
- Guimaras Island Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos
- Cebu City Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Province of Camiguin Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos
- Coron Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Province of Ilocos Norte Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Bohol Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Pagudpud Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos