"From the bosoms of Candelaria" Top 5 Page for this destination Candelaria by IamPam
Candelaria Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 79 photos
Our trip to Candelaria almost didn't materialize due to numerous reasons...
It was cancelled due to break ups and a trip to Dubai but then, it happened.
Candelaria is a three hour drive from Olongapo, I was happy despite the fact that our mode of transportation was my friend's utility van and we have to endure a very humid trip hehehe
Despite the neck strain from our ride, I still enjoyed the scenic drive to Candelaria. For nature lovers, you'll enjoy the endless fields, ocean and pine view which Zambales offers.
Upon our arrival to our resort, we hurriedly went to the shore to see the magnificent sight of Potipot island. It will be best to go there in the afternoon so that it will not be too hot. You don't have to worry about the waters of Candelaria, it's relatively calm even in the afternoon
Potipot welcomed us with its pristine blue water and white sand. the island is so small you could walk around it in just 15-20 minutes. From what I can remember, there were two parts of the island, the front part is where most of the tourists gather because the beach is less rocky, perfect for swimming and then at the back of the island is where you could snorkel.
There isn't much to do in the island except for picture taking and bumming around, so if you're into this kind of stuff, Potipot is perfect for you.
- Pros:Perfect for relaxation and bumming around
- Cons:If you're looking for a night life, don't go here
- In a nutshell:Lazy town with a charming little island
My discovery of Potipot island was somehow accidental. It was when me and my friends vowed to travel Zambales first... more travel advice
IamPam's Related Pages
Candelaria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " CANDELARIA: Unexpectedly"
- "Potipot Redux"
- "From the bosoms of Candelaria"
- "Potipot island - where time moves in slow mo"
- "POTIPOT ISLAND, CANDELARIA, ZAMBALES"
- "Discovering Candelaria"
- "Candelaria at Mango harvet"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Candelaria
- Hotels in Candelaria
- Transportation in Candelaria
- Nightlife in Candelaria
- Restaurants in Candelaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Candelaria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Candelaria
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Candelaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Candelaria
Photos in CandelariaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Sagada Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos
- Guimaras Island Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos
- Cebu City Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Province of Camiguin Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Baler Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos
- Coron Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Province of Ilocos Norte Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Bohol Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Pagudpud Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos