"Ilocos--my other hometown" Pagudpud by IamPam
Pagudpud Travel Guide: 412 reviews and 1,111 photos
My father is a native of Ilocos Sur. Despite the fact that we always visit every summer vacation we only managed to visit Pagudpod last 2010 mainly because Pagudpod is a really, really long drive from Olongapo City. Imagine driving 9-12 hours from Olongapo to our province in Ilocos Sur and then add four more hours to Pagudpod so that's a total of 16hrs if you are brave enough to drive it.
So if you're planning to go to Pagudpod, be sure to pack a lot of energy drink or atleast have someone to substitute for you when driving.
There are a lot of hotels and resorts to choose from if you're in Pagudpod. I would suggest that you check out their part of the beach first before checking in because there are parts of the blue lagoon that are really rocky you might not enjoy swimming there. Also, the waves there could be pretty intense especially during the afternoon.
However, if you're not really into swimming and would rather lounge at the shore and watch the sea, it's pretty idylic to do it there because the view of the beach during the day is just breath taking!
You could still enjoy the tranquility of nature in Pagudpod because there are not much tourists who come here unlike with other premiere beaches in the Philippines, maybe because of its notoriously long distance from Manila or from anywhere else. But I'm sure...if you'll take the time to get here...it will be super worth it.
- Pros:Fantastic Beach! great for road trips
- Cons:Very long commute
- In a nutshell:Worth the long journey
After the windmills we headed to the beaches. Please take note that the beaches in Pagudpod are not beside the road like... more travel advice
IamPam's Related Pages
Pagudpud Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weew! pagupud itetch..?!!"
- "Pagudpud - A World of It's Own"
- "Pagudpud: A Dream Destination"
- "Boracay Of The North"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pagudpud
- Hotels in Pagudpud
- Transportation in Pagudpud
- Nightlife in Pagudpud
- Restaurants in Pagudpud
- Shopping in Pagudpud
- Warnings and Dangers in Pagudpud
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pagudpud
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Pagudpud?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pagudpud
Photos in PagudpudSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Guimaras Island Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos
- Province of Camiguin Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos
- Cebu City Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Bohol Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Davao Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iloilo Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Bolinao Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Pundaquit Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Pagudpud Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
Latest Pagudpud hotel reviews