"Secret No more" Pundaquit by IamPam
Pundaquit Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 245 photos
Pundaquit is a fishing village in San Antonio famous for being the jump point to Camara, Capones, Anawangin and Nagsasa Cove. Back in 2006, Pundaquit is still a sleepy village with a few resorts lining it's shore, only a few locals knew about the secrets that Pundaquit has kept hidden for all those years...until the Anawangin hype.
Upon the discovery of Anawangin, tourists from all over the Philippines flock to Pundaquit to see the much talked about hidden paradise of Zambales
To fully enjoy your Pundaquit experience, it is a must to visit the islands nearby. The nearest is the Camara island, a mere 10 minutes boat ride from the shore of Pundaquit. What you will see here is majestic rock formations and white crushed coral sand. During low tide you could see a sand bar near it and I would recommend touring the other side of the island where there is calm clear water and very fantastic view. You just have to be very careful because the waves could be very intense. It's a shame that I didn't bring my camera when I was here, because like I told you, the waves were very intense!
You should also visit anawangin cove. True to its reputation, Anawangin is one great find especially the view from the lake. However, it has become a tent city so if you're looking for something more peaceful you should visit Nagsasa cove.
Pundaquit is in San Antonio Zambales. If you would be commuting here, the best way to do it is to ride a victory liner bus bound to IBA or Sta. Cruz and get off to San Antonio town proper. From there ride a tricycle which will take you to Pundaquit.
Pundaquit offers tranquility and a simple way of enjoying nature, so dont expect a bustling night life when you are here.
- Pros:A cheap place to spend your weekend or summer vacation
- Cons:Not too much action to see
- In a nutshell:Embracing sea and nature
You might be surprised that Pundaquit is also a surfing spot in Zambales. Aside from San Narciso, this unassuming town... more travel advice
IamPam's Related Pages
Pundaquit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barangay Pundaquit"
- "Wonders of Zambalez"
- "PUNDAQUIT, FISHERMAN'S VILLAGE"
- "island getaway"
- "Secret No more"
- "Nagsasa Cove Island"
- "Pundaquit Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pundaquit
- Hotels in Pundaquit
- Transportation in Pundaquit
- Nightlife in Pundaquit
- Restaurants in Pundaquit
- Shopping in Pundaquit
- Warnings and Dangers in Pundaquit
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pundaquit
- 3 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Pundaquit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pundaquit
Photos in PundaquitSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Sagada Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos
- Guimaras Island Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos
- Cebu City Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Province of Camiguin Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Baler Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos
- Coron Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Province of Ilocos Norte Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Bohol Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Pagudpud Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos