"Home Base: Manneheim" Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim by carrie.kindred
Mannheim Travel Guide: 204 reviews and 460 photos
I've lived in Mannheim for almost a year now. It's a beautiful city, filled with interesting people, food and sights, and within driving distance of more castles, cathedrals, and parks than I can count. The public transportation system is excellent, with both train and bus routes, and nearly the entire city is bicycle accessible.
The Wasserturm (Water Tower) in the middle of downtown is Mannheim's main attraction. Its beautiful sculptures and incredible fountain are surrouned by excellently maintained landscaping and tons of fun shops and restaurants. It's also conveniently accessible by Strassenbahn (train). There are two stops directly next to the Wasserturm, and it's only a few stops away from Mannheim's main train station.
I'm a fan of Italian food, so of course my pick for best restaurant in Mannheim is Vapiano. Located in the center of downtown, right beside Wasserturm, Vapiano is the best pizza and pasta available. No reservations neccessary, casual attire, reasonable prices (about 10euro per person).
- Pros:friendly people, patient with English speakers
- Cons:large, and a little overwhelming to newcomers at first
Tucked away in downtown Mannheim, Luisenpark is a sanctuary for nature lovers, an escape from the hustle and bustle of... more travel advice
Hands down, ice cream in Europe beats the socks off ice cream in the states. And Vittoria Gelateria has our favorite ice... more travel advice
carrie.kindred's Related Pages
Mannheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mannheim - a nice place to live in"
- "tessy's new Mannheim Page"
- "Opera in Mannheim"
- "Mannheim - so much more than industrial city :-))"
- "Home Base: Manneheim"
- "Mannheim - a beautiful city"
- "Mannheim - Better than its reputation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mannheim
- Hotels in Mannheim
- Transportation in Mannheim
- Nightlife in Mannheim
- Restaurants in Mannheim
- Shopping in Mannheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Mannheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mannheim
- 12 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Mannheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mannheim
Photos in MannheimSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mannheim Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos
- Cologne Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Richmond Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Gatlinburg Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Landstuhl Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Nashville Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Wachenheim an der Weinstraße Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Creuzburg Intro, 1 review, 4 photos