"Home is where the heart is." madhavdivya's Profile

Home

My Home - Hyderabad, the land of the Nizams and ofcourse, me.

This is where I grew up. Undoubtedly the most beautiful place for the culture, food and opportunities.

I am Madhav, 42, M and a simple guy with simpler tastes and simpler approach to life. I love travelling, photography and my family, not necessarily in that order.

Hyderabad has fast evolved into a major hub, thanks to the software boom and we have the best of the companies from around the world. The original name of Hyderabad has been Bhagyanagar, named after Bhagamati.

The city is famous for the must see spots like Charminar, Salar Jung museum, Golconda fort from the earier days to Ramoji Film city or Hitech City of the present. Osmania University is a sprawling campus and a prestigeous eductational institution. One finds several foreigners mingling with the local crowd and everyone is welcomed into the fabric of society with open arms. Language is not a barrier with people speaking English quite well.

The people of Hyderabad are warm, friendly and helpful. Seasons are varied and we have only hot, hotter and hottest. Located in the deccan plateau, Hyderabad is a dry area, but never-the-less the capital of Andhra Pradesh. Several of the government adminstrative office are located in heritage buildings and yes, the maintenance is poor and short of ideal standards.

Hyderabad's favorite and popular meal is the Biryani. Non-vegetarians would give an arm and a leg for its taste.......is it not how biryani is made....:) The other favorites include Double ka meeta, and in Ramadan season, you would find several Haleem joints at every nook and corner. The non vegetarians simply love the place. I AM A VEGGGGIE.

Although I have travelled entire India (save Kashmir and extreme North East), I find Hyderabad the best, ofcourse it is true that Home is where the heart is.

• Intro Written Apr 24, 2011

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

madhavdivya

“Adding another destination to the journey does not hurt”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.