"Lembah Bujang / Bujang Valley" Kampong Bujang by AngMimi
Kampong Bujang Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 57 photos
Civilization that started since early A.D till 14th A.D in Southern Kedah better known as Lembah Bujang (Serpent Valley) has proven to have links with the maritime trade between Asian countries: China, Arabia and India.
There's one tourist complex beside the Sungai Merbok, where they exhibited much information about Negeri Kedah history, a very interesting place to visit. I read the Early History of Lembah Bujang over here and thought many times to put it in VT.
Gunung Jerai plays a most important part in the history of Kedah. It must have been a welcome sight, being the only visible landmark identifiable from miles away for ships of Indian and Arab merchants from many many years ago, even before Melaka become a central trading hub. Their ships sail closely to the coastlines so they don't get lost in the open sea.
I was around 15, when I make a trip to Gunung Jerai with my school friends, and we had this wonderful opportunity to reach the peak of Gunung Jerai (Actually, visitors are not allowed to go there, but we did with the help of two guys working up there in their jeep).
The scenery was awesome, I can see Penang Island, Pulau Dayang Bunting and the coastline of Negeri Kedah. A wonderful experience..
- Pros:Interesting history of Negeri Kedah
- Cons:More bricks to see? ;-)))
- In a nutshell:Jom melawat (Lets visit) Lembah Bujang
AngMimi's Related Pages
Kampong Bujang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lembah Bujang ( Bujang Valley ), Kedah"
- "Lembah Bujang~Bujang Valley - archaelogical site"
- "Lembah Bujang / Bujang Valley"
- "Bujang Valley Archeological Museum"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Bujang
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kampong Bujang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Bujang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani Intro, 37 reviews, 175 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 29 reviews, 171 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bukit Mertajam Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Temengor Intro, 26 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Aman Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos