Sungai Petani Local Custom Tips by AngMimi Top 5 Page for this destination
Sungai Petani Local Customs: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Muslim around the world celebrate Hari Raya Aidiladha - its a religious day to mark the end of the annual Haj pilgimage to Mecca.
Hari Raya Aidiladha celebrations in Taman Bunga Raya, Sungai Petani, where the Muslim community coming together to witness the sacrifice of 7 cows. After the Aidiladha prayers and tahlil, the cows were brought to the field (infront of my mom's house) and slaughtered and skinned the cows while others cut, weigh, pack and distribute the meat among the muslim community. Sacrificing the cows was an important act of charity in Islam because it provided the needy with the meat.
Such offering always bring joy to those who made the donation as their concern and generosity were extended to others besides their family and friends. One part of the slaughtered meat was given to the person who made the offering, another part was given to this friends and relatives, whether they are rich or poor, and the final portion was given to the needy.
I am :-(( to see those cows, RIP MooCows..
More Reviews (36)
AngMimi's Related Pages
Sungai Petani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sungai Petani, Kedah"
- "Sungei Petani - literally means Farmers' River"
- "Welcome to Smalltown Malaysia"
- "Sungai Petani, My Hometown"
- "Sungai Petani"
- "Sungai Petani - My hometown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sungai Petani
- Hotels in Sungai Petani
- Transportation in Sungai Petani
- Restaurants in Sungai Petani
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sungai Petani
- 37 Reviews
- 175 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Sungai Petani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sungai Petani
Photos in Sungai PetaniSee All Photos (175)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani Intro, 37 reviews, 175 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 29 reviews, 171 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bukit Mertajam Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Temengor Intro, 26 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Aman Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos