"Sungai Petani, Kedah" Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani by AngMimi
Sungai Petani Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 200 photos
Sungai Petani (can refer as SP or San Pedro) is the second largest town in the state of Kedah Darul Aman, in the northern part of Peninsular Malaysia. . I read the name Sungai Petani has its roots from sungai meaning river and petani meaning farmer in the Malay language. Sungai Petani in full means "Farmer's River". Hmm.. interesting.. I always thought Sungai Petani refer to river in town that was dirty and smelly..
Anyway, please read what I will write about my hometown..
There arent many places of interest in Sungai Petani, but Sungai Petani sure have a lot markets to visit, food to eat , a lot of shopping malls and a lot of temples to visit..
- Pros:Nice place to stay..
What so special of this Wantan Mee? I don't know, everywhere tasted the same to me but you be surprised to see a lot of... more travel advice
My favourite kuih for breakfast called Yew Char Kuih in Hokkien, or you may call it youtiao in mandarin or you ja gwai... more travel advice
AngMimi's Related Pages
Sungai Petani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sungai Petani, Kedah"
- "Sungei Petani - literally means Farmers' River"
- "Welcome to Smalltown Malaysia"
- "Sungai Petani, My Hometown"
- "Sungai Petani"
- "My Hometown ~ Sungai Petani, Kedah"
- "Sungai Petani - My hometown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sungai Petani
- Hotels in Sungai Petani
- Transportation in Sungai Petani
- Restaurants in Sungai Petani
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sungai Petani
- 34 Reviews
- 166 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Sungai Petani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sungai Petani
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 29 reviews, 171 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani Intro, 34 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bukit Mertajam Intro, 22 reviews, 141 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Temengor Intro, 26 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 21 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos
- Baling Intro, 13 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 17 reviews, 61 photos