"Sungai Petani, Kedah" Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani by AngMimi

Sungai Petani Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 209 photos

Sungai Petani - My Hometown

Sungai Petani (can refer as SP or San Pedro) is the second largest town in the state of Kedah Darul Aman, in the northern part of Peninsular Malaysia. . I read the name Sungai Petani has its roots from sungai meaning river and petani meaning farmer in the Malay language. Sungai Petani in full means "Farmer's River". Hmm.. interesting.. I always thought Sungai Petani refer to river in town that was dirty and smelly..

Anyway, please read what I will write about my hometown..

Places of Interest in Sungai Petani...???

There arent many places of interest in Sungai Petani, but Sungai Petani sure have a lot markets to visit, food to eat , a lot of shopping malls and a lot of temples to visit..

• Pros:Nice place to stay..
  • Intro Updated Jul 19, 2011

May 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Fascinating pictures of Sungai Petani Angi! I hope you are well. I just got back from a trip to Italy. So far I have only done some pages on Orvieto and Mestre. Come look when you have a chance :)

• AngMimi's Profile Photo
      May 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Thats my hometown, Sungai Petani. I'm well, thank you. Italy, I hope to visit venice one fine day, meantime, i will virtually travel to your Italy page soon. Hope you had a great time in Italy :-)

May 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Wow that is your home town! It is beautiful and so serene Angi!

• zschachwitz's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Ouch, those mozzy bites look unpleasant; luckily I escaped without attracting them when I've been in Asia

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM

So, that is where you come from, Mimi! All "important" religions are represented here in a sort of idiosyncratic society; beginning of peace and brotherhood between people. Nice page for a nice place, Mimi!

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM

This is your best page and there is no doubt about it. Many South Indian people migrated to SE Asia during British rule and settled there. I have met a few of them , they are doing very well there.

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Sungai Petani, some great use of photography! Well done!

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Looks like a nice place to live and grow up. I have not been to this part of Malaysia (except for Penang), but it would be interesting to visit Lembah Bujang.

AngMimi

“One Two Tree.....Smile!!!”

Badges & Stats in Sungai Petani

Have you been to Sungai Petani?

Latest Activity in Sungai Petani