"Kuala Gula" Gula by AngMimi
Gula Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 57 photos
Kuala Gula is located in the district of Kerian in the Northeastern part of Perak, South from Bagan Serai,Perak and situated at the River mouth of Sungai Gula, meeting the Straits of Melaka become a famous Bird Santuary for the birds but also for bird lovers too (Exclude me please, hehe)
This sanctuary is to protect and conserve the migratory birds which has been using the large wetland area for feeding and resting during their migratory route from the northern to the southern hemisphere. One can glimpses and catch pictures of Milky Storks, Hawks, Eagles, Kingfisher, Swallow and many many more birds. The place also belong to many animals like monkey, snakes, crocodiles, monitor lizards, etc..
Kuala Gula, previously surrounded by Sugar Canes Plantation - thats where it got its name Kuala Gula (Sugar) but now replaced with Palm Oil Plantations. In the middle of the Plantation, there is one famous temple called Hua Seng Keng Temple to visit the Heaven and Hell????
Kuala Gula amazingly big mangrove swamps forest around the River also important to sustaining the coastal ecosystem in protecting environmental, providing birds santuary, preventing soil erosion. It also helps to protect strong winds and wave erosion in the west coast than in east coast Malaysia. No wonder!!!
Eco-tourism activities also popular here at Kuala Gula to visit the Bird Sanctuary, Im sure more people are coming here to visit in future..
Kuala Gula Fishing village has been established many many years ago, the place is rich with fishes, prawns, crabs and shellfish. There are many Kelong (offshore fishing platform) rearing fishes like groupers, snappers and crabs in the cages.
Small fisherman also build special bubu or fish traps to catch fishes. Popular for small and big time angler too..
- Pros:Abundance of seafoods
- Cons:Its very hot here, I need umbrella!!
- In a nutshell:Life is so sweet here.. thanks for the name Kuala Gula
Krabby Crab said "LEAVE ME ALONE" Okok..I go.. Crabs can be found at Mangrove swamp forest, where the mudflat is rich... more travel advice
Strange Noise of loud "Bi Po" "Bi Po" popping sound can be heard. Strange, I don't know where it came from, but the... more travel advice
AngMimi's Related Pages
Gula Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Gula
- 14 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Gula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gula
Photos in GulaSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani Intro, 37 reviews, 175 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 29 reviews, 171 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bukit Mertajam Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Temengor Intro, 26 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Aman Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos