"Georgetown - Penang" Top 5 Page for this destination George Town by AngMimi
George Town Travel Guide: 179 reviews and 533 photos
Supposed to be spelled as George Town, well, it doesn't matter. Georgetown was named after King George III, who was the great great great great grandfather of Queen Elizabeth II.
GeorgeTown was founded by Sir Francis Light in 1786, and later he built the Fort Cornwallis. Georgetown become an important port for english traders who sailed from Indian continent to here in South east asia. So much you can read about Sir Francis Light and the Kapitan in the Book "A Gallery of Chinese Kapitan" by CS Wong.
Now, Georgetown has been listed as World Heritage Site in July 2008, we Penangites enjoyed extra holiday on Heritage Day. :-))
It is good to see this unique boat shaped restaurant back to business again, after it was vacated in 1996. This... more travel advice
If you are been Penang, don't forget to buy some Tambun / Tau Sar Piah. There are lot of shop selling Tau Sar Piah but I... more travel advice
AngMimi's Related Pages
George Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgetown / Penang"
- "Georgetown - Penang"
- "New UNESCO WHS : George Town (Tanjung)"
- "My little home in Malaysia."
- "George Town, Penang"
- "Home Sweet Home - George Town, Penang"
- "The World Heritage Penang capital, Georgetown."
- See All...
- Things to Do in George Town
- Hotels in George Town
- Transportation in George Town
- Nightlife in George Town
- Restaurants in George Town
- Shopping in George Town
- Warnings and Dangers in George Town
- See All...
Badges & Stats in George Town
- 21 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to George Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in George Town
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani Intro, 37 reviews, 175 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 29 reviews, 171 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bukit Mertajam Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Temengor Intro, 26 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Aman Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos