Temengor Local Custom Tips by AngMimi
Temengor Local Customs: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Weaving a tempok
Are you making a Tiara for me?
No? Then what you are making?
During a festival, the Orang Asli will wear tempok (headgear) on their head and silang (sash) draped across their shoulder was part of their costume. They are made of young coconut leaves.
Another awesome experienced to see them weaving the tempok and silang. Kak Eren was around here, complainting of back pain, well, Kak Eren, come I give you a massage.. rub-rub-rub..ooops, its raining...Lets get in the house, wow..Im in an Orang Asli house... Their house is so simple.. Trying my hand on weaving, oh, i cant do it.
See us monkey around with the headgears...Would you like to SISIK (Dancing in Jahai language) or joget menari (Malay language) with me? No? okay i wont make more nonsence here..
Last but not least, the orang asli gave me a bracelet make of Buah Karela. Ahhhh..so nice again..
More Reviews (25)
- See All Visiting Kampung Chuwei
- The Bathroom and toilet
- See All The real danger in Temengor - 2
- See All Food prepared in Bamboo
AngMimi's Related Pages
Temengor Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Temengor
- Hotels in Temengor
- Transportation in Temengor
- Nightlife in Temengor
- Restaurants in Temengor
- Warnings and Dangers in Temengor
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hathersage Hotels
- Tallmadge Hotels
- Les Houches
- Southern Davao Hotels
- Golden Hotels
Badges & Stats in Temengor
- 26 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Temengor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Temengor
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani Intro, 37 reviews, 175 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 29 reviews, 171 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bukit Mertajam Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Temengor Intro, 26 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Aman Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos