"Lake Belum-Temengor" Temengor by AngMimi

Temengor Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 120 photos

MNS Hornbill Conservation Project

I'm here as a volunteer for the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) Hornbill Conservation Project which was held every year in August and September 2011. My group was the last group today.

"Get involved, Get your hands dirty! Experience first-hand, what's it like to be part of a national conservation effort and uncover one of the oldest tropical rainforests in Malaysia..."

And I thought, hey, why not I joined too...must be fun... I have never been to any jungle/forest before...Yes..yes..I joined and on 23 - 27 September 2011..Off I go with my colleague and joined two more volunteers from Kuala Lumpur... Can you believe it if I said, one of the volunteers from KL is my first cousin Dolly, whom I have never talked with and seen for 40years...Oh my god, are you playing tricks on us???

The Resort, we are staying for 5days and 4 nights.

Oh my god again, Im staying here without electricity, no calls, no water, no flush toilet, no soft mattress to sleep on and the worst of all...NO VT!!! Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh...

But its okay to me, as a nice experience. I stayed at Kampung Tebang at Lake Belum-Temengor and having Orang Asli as neighbours...Hmmm..not bad at all.. as long there are people to mingle around..

Orang Asli Children

Aha...The Orang Asli children, they are shy at first.. and they like to have their pictures taken and see their faces in the camera.. So happy, giggle and I am giggling myself too...

• Pros:Back to Nature
  • Cons:Life too easy
  • In a nutshell:Welcome to jurassic park minus the Dinasours
  • Last visit to Temengor: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2011

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Your best page Mimi. I would like experiment with the kind of hotel. I think I can try and shall be successful!

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Great pages! This looks like somewhere great to visit Angie :) Going to do some ratings for you! Take care.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2011 at 8:18 AM

This is my kind of place. Mimi, you have some outstanding tips and pictures here!

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2011 at 1:23 PM

There are nice scorpions too :))) nice animal on your picture. I would not count hornbills to try to sleep, I am not fast enough! It seems Belum Temengor is a place I would like to visit; nice page Mimi.

AngMimi

“One Two Tree.....Smile!!!”

Badges & Stats in Temengor

Have you been to Temengor?

Latest Activity in Temengor