"Lake Belum-Temengor" Temengor by AngMimi
Temengor Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 120 photos
I'm here as a volunteer for the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) Hornbill Conservation Project which was held every year in August and September 2011. My group was the last group today.
"Get involved, Get your hands dirty! Experience first-hand, what's it like to be part of a national conservation effort and uncover one of the oldest tropical rainforests in Malaysia..."
And I thought, hey, why not I joined too...must be fun... I have never been to any jungle/forest before...Yes..yes..I joined and on 23 - 27 September 2011..Off I go with my colleague and joined two more volunteers from Kuala Lumpur... Can you believe it if I said, one of the volunteers from KL is my first cousin Dolly, whom I have never talked with and seen for 40years...Oh my god, are you playing tricks on us???
Oh my god again, Im staying here without electricity, no calls, no water, no flush toilet, no soft mattress to sleep on and the worst of all...NO VT!!! Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh...
But its okay to me, as a nice experience. I stayed at Kampung Tebang at Lake Belum-Temengor and having Orang Asli as neighbours...Hmmm..not bad at all.. as long there are people to mingle around..
Aha...The Orang Asli children, they are shy at first.. and they like to have their pictures taken and see their faces in the camera.. So happy, giggle and I am giggling myself too...
- Pros:Back to Nature
- Cons:Life too easy
- In a nutshell:Welcome to jurassic park minus the Dinasours
At Kampung Chuwei, formerly the MNS (Malaysian Nature Society) hut was station here before they moved to Kampung... more travel advice
Its up to you to see what I will put up here..hahahahaha... Could be disgusting, so dont see.. The toilet - the first 3... more travel advice
AngMimi's Related Pages
Temengor Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Temengor
- Hotels in Temengor
- Transportation in Temengor
- Nightlife in Temengor
- Restaurants in Temengor
- Warnings and Dangers in Temengor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Temengor
- 26 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Temengor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Temengor
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani Intro, 37 reviews, 175 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 29 reviews, 171 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bukit Mertajam Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Temengor Intro, 26 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Aman Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos