"Siem Reap - The Great Gate to Angkor" Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap by AngMimi

Siem Reap Travel Guide: 557 reviews and 1,980 photos

Siam Reap - Cambodia

I always dream of visiting Cambodia especially the Angkor Wat, and finally on April 2012, I am here!! We arrived at Siem Reap International Airport around 7.30am Cambodia time, and after getting passed the immigration...Wah, that is the biggest Disco light and Buddha playing drums (actually they are lightings in the shape of umbrellas??) at the corridor, hmm... a part of the decoration in Siem Reap International Airport, beautiful.

Angkor Wat

Siam Reap is the gateway to Angkor. I enjoyed visiting the Temples and meeting a few people, Mr Dy Preang, ladies and childrens.

That is me!!!

Trying to hide my hair (got a bad haircut the day before) from be seen on photos. Hahaha.. Anyway, this time again, I was mistaken as a Cambodian by the people in Cambodia. :-)))

• Last visit to Siem Reap: Apr 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 11, 2012

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Great page! Planning my trip here for June 2014 and your tips have been very helpful.

• pkfops's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Good job on the resturant reviews. It will be very helpful when we travel there next month.

Aug 27, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Mimi, I have already collected all your tips from SR to my Trip Planner, it's a good basis :) I have started to do Valaam (Russia) pages, I spend two ways there, it's a monastery in the middle of biggest lake (Ladoga) in Europe.

• AngMimi's Profile Photo
      Aug 27, 2012 at 7:09 AM

I have visited Valaam page. Nice, Markku, there are so many places in the world I never heard of, glad to see them all on VT. Now Im going to watch TV, nite nite. Thanks again. Will write Angkor temple soon.

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Prpbably I made some tuning and last tips when your were with TV :) Have a nice day and thank you for visiting.

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Thanks for the tips, we just confirmed our visit to Cambodia next March. Will be in Siam Rep four days, so I follow your routes :)

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Beautiful page, no wonder it is among top 5 pages. You wrote very well. I liked those restaurants and the foods. During October, we may again try to go to Thailand and Siem Reap , I shall stay in the hotel recommended by you. It suits the need and our budget. Hopefully, they will arrange for our tour also. But you have not given any picture of Angkor Wat or any tip. Please complete the page. I liked your 11 wheels idea!! Revisiting some tips was a better idea! I enjoyed your tips again! ( 22.07.2012)

• machomikemd's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2012 at 4:14 PM

hi, thanks for liking my siem reap pages my friend :-) i'm still updating them and then the angkor wat and angkor thom pages.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Hi, Mimi! I could finally see 10 Cambodia tips this evening. Nine were local customs tips, which were quite good and useful to know. Awkun choeun for sharing.

“One Two Tree.....Smile!!!”

Badges & Stats in Siem Reap

Have you been to Siem Reap?

Latest Activity in Siem Reap