"Mingun Burma" Mingun by AngMimi
Mingun Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 84 photos
If you are in Burma, you must visit Mingun. Take the lovely river cruise along the irrawaddy river from Mandalay, which I enjoyed so much :-)) It is a must to see the Giant unfinished Mingun Paya which was built by thousand of slaves and prisoner of war during 1790 till 1797 by the King Bodawpaya. I could have thought it was built by Giants (my grandmother used to tell me a lot of folktales of the king and giants) looking at its hugh size. So when King run out of budget, the construction of the temple also stopped till the King died in 1813. what a pity, it could be the biggest Paya in Burma. In 1838 a massive earthquake caused huge cracked on the upper portion of the temple. Anyway, its simply awesome for a pile of bricks. :-)))
A giant at Hsinbyume Paya
(To write more)
- Pros:Not to be missed!!
- Cons:Nothing to say..
- In a nutshell:Giant Paya and giant Bell..
It would be very nice if I could stop each and every street vendor selling all kinds of Burmese Snack and fruits. You... more travel advice
Whistle.........Taxi....Taxi....!!! Hehe..Don't be surprised to find these Bullock carts as Taxi in Mingun. You can take... more travel advice
AngMimi's Related Pages
Mingun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mingun - A beautiful pile of bricks!"
- "Mingun Burma"
- "Mingun Temple"
- "Pictures of Mingun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mingun
- Transportation in Mingun
- Restaurants in Mingun
- Shopping in Mingun
- Warnings and Dangers in Mingun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mingun
- 5 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Mingun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mingun
Photos in MingunSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sungai Petani Intro, 37 reviews, 175 photos, 4 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 29 reviews, 171 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bukit Mertajam Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Temengor Intro, 26 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 20 reviews, 113 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Danau Toba Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Aman Intro, 16 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination George Town Intro, 21 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos