"Cefalù and the Madonie National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Cefalú by lichinga
Cefalú Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 254 photos
Cefalù comes from the ancient Greek word for "head": Sicily was itself a Greek colony a couple of thousands years ago. As a matter of fact the position of Cefalù is very easy to detect along the Sicilian Northern coast, as the town overwhelmed by an enourmous round-shaped rock.
Right at the bottom of the cliff, the Cathedral has been erected by the Normands in XIII century, and it still is the centre of the town.
The water is distributed through a series of smaller tanks where clothes were actually washed up. more travel advice
The Museum shows - and you can see that also from the street - the ancient warehouse where oil was kept. There are huge... more travel advice
lichinga's Related Pages
Cefalú Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cefalù and the Madonie National Park"
- "weekend in Cefalù"
- "The Next to the Last Stop"
- "A day in Cefalu"
- "Cefalu, Sicily"
- "Cefalu and Madonie National Park - Sicily, Italy"
- "Cefalu - a beach and more"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cefalú
- Hotels in Cefalú
- Transportation in Cefalú
- Restaurants in Cefalú
- Shopping in Cefalú
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cefalú
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Cefalú?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cefalú
Photos in CefalúSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Palermo Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Curitiba Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mestna Obcina Ptuj Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Torino Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Piura Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Departamento de Piura Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cefalú Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salerno Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos