"Harare - Once a paradise (for a few)" Top 5 Page for this destination Harare by lichinga
Harare Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 113 photos
The last time I visited Harare it was still a gem brighting in Southern Africa as the living hope of an alternative to the former RSA apartheid regime. A lot of international efforts, most of them coming from unsuspectable Thatcher-era UK, converged in Harare in order to demonstrate a peaceful cohexistence was possible, under the large protective arms of the British Commonwealth.
Now, lots of things changed, in Zimbabwe as well as in Southern Africa as a whole, and, most than everywhere else, in the Republic of South Africa itself. Wheteher the balance is a positive or a negative one, I dare not state: political rights obtained by the whole of RSA citizens is a very important achievement, its weight is so huge it overwhelms any further consideration but.... Now, we consider it as unavoidable... so that it is often underestimated in face of many difficulties in the region.
The road leading to future Zimbabwe is still to be found, though the direction is clear and the obstacles are known.
Lots of green areas, parks, even a Botanical Garden (in the picture) made life in the city centre really a pleasant one.... more travel advice
lichinga's Related Pages
Harare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Harare - a.k.a. Salisbury"
- "the_dutchman's new Harare Page"
- "Harare - Once a paradise (for a few)"
- "Entering the country as a Journalist"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Harare
- Hotels in Harare
- Transportation in Harare
- Nightlife in Harare
- Restaurants in Harare
- Shopping in Harare
- Warnings and Dangers in Harare
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Harare
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Harare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harare
- Posted in Travel Lisbon Forum "Re: Bairro Alto at night"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Harare - Once a paradise (for a few)"
- updated a Harare Travel Page "Harare - Once a paradise (for a few)"
- Wrote a Review Lots of green areas, parks,... in Harare Things to Do
- Commented on one of the_dutchman's Harare travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Palermo Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Curitiba Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mestna Obcina Ptuj Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Torino Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Piura Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Departamento de Piura Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cefalú Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salerno Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos