"The Eastern Highlands" Mutare by lichinga
Mutare Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 29 photos
Mutare is the door to the Eastern Highlands of Zimbabwe and also the main transit point towards Mozambique and the important harbour of Beira. The Beira Corridor had been one of the critical points drung the conflict between Mozambique Frelimo Governement and the armed bandits.
A lovely region of mild climate, always green and peaceful (except for the fact the armed bandits had some basis here... more travel advice
In such a cold and humid climate, there's room enough for the only tea estate in Zimbabwe. Its tea, traded under the... more travel advice
lichinga's Related Pages
Mutare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Eastern Highlands"
- "Mutare - friendly, safe, clean and a bit boring :)"
- "Scenic but heartbreaking"
- "Leopard Rock CC"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mutare
- Hotels in Mutare
- Transportation in Mutare
- Restaurants in Mutare
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mutare
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Mutare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mutare
Photos in MutareSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Palermo Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Curitiba Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mestna Obcina Ptuj Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Torino Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Piura Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Departamento de Piura Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cefalú Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salerno Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (54)
Latest Mutare hotel reviews
- Leopard Rock Hotel
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013