"Bogota / Santa Fe de Bogota - Colombia" Bogotá by lichinga
Bogotá Travel Guide: 651 reviews and 1,528 photos
Lovely city! I have to admit the first time I landed in El Dorado airport I felt as I was doing something forbidden, behind the limits... But then I suddenly discovered Bogota (now they call it Santa Fe de Bogota) is a wonderful city, as well as Colombia is a wonderful country. You may experience great changes in a small space, many kinds of ecosystems are represented and can be easily reached.
One of the interesting things is that cities keep the climate without great oscillations all yera round: there's a rainy period and a dry period, but the temperature is relatively stable as it depends on the altitude. Bogota is 2,600 m above sea level, so it's cool, while Cali is warmer and Cartagena is hot.
Addresses are uncommonly easy to be found in Bogota: you have "calle" going from South to North and "carrera" going from East to West. The "centro" is around calle 10 to 30, then you have Chapinero and Lago, from 30 to 70, and Unicentro and the North far beyond. Calle 19 may be considered the heart of economic activity. If you have an address like Calle 19, #45-70, that means the place is on Calle 19, 70 metres beyond the corner with Carrera 45.
Shopping in Bogota may be interesting if you merge in Chapinero, the middle-class barrio between Central Bogota and the... more travel advice
Go to see the city from above, from La Magdalena. The mountain ridge limiting the city itself is quite a nice place to... more travel advice
lichinga's Related Pages
Bogotá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bogota Revealed"
- "The Heart of Colombia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bogotá
- Hotels in Bogotá
- Transportation in Bogotá
- Nightlife in Bogotá
- Restaurants in Bogotá
- Shopping in Bogotá
- Warnings and Dangers in Bogotá
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bogotá
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Bogotá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bogotá
- Posted in Travel Italy Forum "Re: Tips of a "
- updated a Bogotá Travel Page "Bogota / Santa Fe de Bogota - Colombia"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bogota / Santa Fe de Bogota - Colombia"
- Wrote a Review Shopping in Bogota may be... in Bogotá Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of AndreasK's Bogotá travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Palermo Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Curitiba Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mestna Obcina Ptuj Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Torino Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Piura Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Departamento de Piura Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cefalú Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salerno Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos