"An interesting break on the way south from Bagan" Magwe by lichinga
Magwe Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 36 photos
A busy market centre in the central plain of Burma and a place where local buses from Bagan stop their trip. Unless you have a direct ticket to Yangon, you're likely to spend some time in Magwe while waiting for the next bus forward to leave. The bridge over the Irrawaddy river (the picture is taken from the lovely terrace of a restaurant) suggests longer trips heading towards the Arakan mountains and further to Sittwe, the Bay of bengal, Bangla Desh: unfortunately none of that is possible at the moment due to governmnet restrictions to travel in that area.
lichinga's Related Pages
Magwe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A road, literally, less travelled."
- "An interesting break on the way south from Bagan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Magwe
- Hotels in Magwe
- Transportation in Magwe
- Nightlife in Magwe
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Magwe
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Magwe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Magwe
Top 10 Pages
- Palermo Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Curitiba Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mestna Obcina Ptuj Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Torino Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Piura Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Departamento de Piura Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cefalú Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quito Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salerno Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos