"Butuceni" Butuceni by S.Cunis
Butuceni Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 14 photos
Butuceni, Orhei Vechi (transl.:Old Orhei) , is an old cultural center.
In this area you can find traces of different cultures.
Most famous is the cave monastry.
During the times of the Tatar siege many caves were dug into the hills for hiding places. Today you still can find many remains of caves and archeological finds of the Tatars.
But even older archeological traces can be found in the soil.
There also are remains of turkish culture (Turkish bath near Trebujeni).
The Orhei Vechi region is also famous for the blue colours with which most traditional houses are painted.
On this picture you get an impression of the typical colours of Butuceni. Especially the blue is typical for the region. There are all sorts of bright blue, just like the colours you see in the sky.
Likewise the enclosures, made from sandstone slabs, are typical.
Arts students like to go here for doing water colours.
This is a traditional house in Butuceni, viewed from the main road.
In the background you see the belfry of the cave monastry.
Visit the little village museum. Here they show a house in the typical architectural style of the region. In the house... more travel advice
S.Cunis' Related Pages
Butuceni Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Butuceni
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Butuceni?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Butuceni
Photos in ButuceniSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Chisinau Intro, 22 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Wedel Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hamburg Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Czech Republic Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Fürth 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Spindleruv Mlyn Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Butuceni Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Højer Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Christiansfeld Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos