San Francisco Hotel Tips by froggyhenry

San Francisco Hotels: 119,190 reviews and 591 photos

Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf: Great Location, iffy privacy/service Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf Review

Service was more miss than hit but was passable. Felt like I was purposefully lied to about amenities that were clearly in black & white on my reservation (breakfast for two) but they tried not to provide. Rooms are not very sound proof but were clean and adequate. Kiosk in the lobby for printing of airline boarding passes looked like a good deal but we didn't use it. Restaurant prices in the hotel are outrageous ($16.95) for the breakfast buffet. No control over the 'business center' so people were there using it that were not even hotel guests. Concierge had an inattentive, laziness, and overall lack of knowledge about him that really annoyed me both days I tried to get service.

I probably would stay again but I definitely would look elsewhere as well. If the service was better I'd really not have too much bad to say (other than THIN walls & windows).

Unique Qualities: Location, location, location. Those are the 3 standout things I can say about the hotel.

Address: 1300 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, California, 94133, United States

Comparison: about average

Directions: 1 block or so from Hyde Street cable car turnaround

Price: US$120-180

Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 26, 2011
Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?

Visiting San Francisco?
Read real reviews about San Francisco Hotels!

Friends