"Austria Travels" Austria by StayLonger
Austria Travel Guide: 20,093 reviews and 56,344 photos
The first half of the day, sailing through the Wachau Valley in Austria.
It was almost bitterly cold this morning, but I bundled up, grabbed the video camera, and headed to the top, open deck. Laura stayed below in the front lounge with the digital camera.
There really isn't a lot of diversity to report on during this part of the trip. Don't get me wrong, it's stunning. However, there's only so much one can say to describe it: town, castle, church, mountain, church, mountain, town, castle...
It is truly lovely, though, and I wish everyone could see it at least once.
Part of the fun of a river cruise is passing other travellers along the way. An enthusiastic shout, a friendly wave, and a quick appraisal of the other ship, just to make a mental note for the next cruise.
StayLonger's Related Pages
Austria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Austria - Where to go and what to do !"
- "Classy Austria"
- "Paul2001's Austria Page"
- "4 Visits and 1 conclusion... Stunning!!"
- "VT meeting in Pisa"
- "Country of mountains, country of streams..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Austria
- Hotels in Austria
- Transportation in Austria
- Nightlife in Austria
- Restaurants in Austria
- Shopping in Austria
- Warnings and Dangers in Austria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Austria
- 1 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Austria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Austria
Top 5 Pages
- Munich Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Passau Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bratislava Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues