"I was born here!" Sukabumi by Perucha
Sukabumi Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 118 photos
I was born in Sukabumi (2.5 hrs driving from Jakarta), like my mum and her family. Yep, I'm half Sundanese.
This pic is our holiday villa in Sukabumi since 1974, a traditional house made from wood and bamboo leaves. Set in a lush forest and surrounded by paddy fields, this place is always nice to stay. Cool weather, peace and quiet, accompanied by the sound of water from the creek, the crickets, the birds...very relaxing!
At the front of the house, it has a huge yard with big trees and a fish pond. And u never find a clock, phone, TV nor radio here.
What else u need to relax? :-)
This square table is the center of the house - we use to gather here. From having meals to playing cards, from writing to having drinks.
We just sit around on the bamboo mat with the cool wind blows on our faces...
The wooden stair goes to mezanine which is a children bed room, the other side has 2 bed rooms. Below the mezanine is kicthen and bath room.
At the left side of the house lies this paddy field.
Maybe that's why having meal here is very delicious, all are fresh picked from the garden - Oh, imagine the fresh smell of vegetable!
- Pros:Cool weather, tranquil, refreshing
- Cons:A bit traffic from Jakarta
Perucha's Related Pages
Sukabumi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rafting on Citarik"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu (Queen's Harbour)"
- "Sukabumi: It's bigger than I thought"
- "I was born here!"
- "SUKABUMI We$T JAVA"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sukabumi
- Hotels in Sukabumi
- Transportation in Sukabumi
- Restaurants in Sukabumi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sukabumi
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Sukabumi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sukabumi
Photos in SukabumiSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Indonesia Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Maldives Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Pulau Derawan Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Pulau Gangga Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Surabaya Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Texas Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos