"I was born here!" Sukabumi by Perucha

Sukabumi Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 118 photos

It keeps me coming back...

I was born in Sukabumi (2.5 hrs driving from Jakarta), like my mum and her family. Yep, I'm half Sundanese.
This pic is our holiday villa in Sukabumi since 1974, a traditional house made from wood and bamboo leaves. Set in a lush forest and surrounded by paddy fields, this place is always nice to stay. Cool weather, peace and quiet, accompanied by the sound of water from the creek, the crickets, the birds...very relaxing!
At the front of the house, it has a huge yard with big trees and a fish pond. And u never find a clock, phone, TV nor radio here.
What else u need to relax? :-)

The living room

This square table is the center of the house - we use to gather here. From having meals to playing cards, from writing to having drinks.
We just sit around on the bamboo mat with the cool wind blows on our faces...

The wooden stair goes to mezanine which is a children bed room, the other side has 2 bed rooms. Below the mezanine is kicthen and bath room.

The Paddy Field

At the left side of the house lies this paddy field.
Maybe that's why having meal here is very delicious, all are fresh picked from the garden - Oh, imagine the fresh smell of vegetable!

• Pros:Cool weather, tranquil, refreshing
  • Cons:A bit traffic from Jakarta
  • Last visit to Sukabumi: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 29, 2003

• ArieR2's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM

kalo blh tau, ini nama villanya apa ya??lokasinya dmna?terima kasih

• DidiBeachBum's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 3:49 AM

menunggu nginep gratisan sambil rafting di citatih..horeeee hidup nonie!! heehheehe hidup naked traveller!!

• agenda7's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2004 at 4:52 PM

Hi..I really enjoyed your page..especially the pics of wher you were born.....Very nice pics..:)

Perucha

“Let the Good Times Roll!”

Badges & Stats in Sukabumi

Have you been to Sukabumi?

Latest Activity in Sukabumi