"Western Australia - totally different" State of Western Australia by gabyne
State of Western Australia Travel Guide: 7,551 reviews and 18,126 photos
When I visited WA for the first time in autumn 2004, I soon realized that it is completely different than the East Coast. It seems to be much dryer and there's very few tourism. This has its good sides since it's very quiet and prices may be lower but on the other hand it's often difficult to find a restaurant serving dinner after 8 p.m. which is very unusual for Europeans...
This was the first time for us having a rental car for some weeks and driving around. On the one hand this was cool since we were able to see much more than if staying at one place. On the other hand it was also stressful since we had to look for a place to stay almost every second or third day and plan meaningful daily legs. And drive, drive, drive...
- Pros:very quiet, Perth is a very nice city, beautiful national parks
- Cons:too quiet, there are no other bigger cities apart from Perth
- In a nutshell:nature, looong roads, and a nice city
gabyne's Related Pages
State of Western Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Western Australia"
- "Western Australia - Australias largest state."
- "Look into my big blue skies and long, long beaches"
- "The Golden West"
- "Western Australia"
- "Western Australia"
- "Western Australia- I LUUURRRVE IT!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Western Australia
- Hotels in State of Western Australia
- Transportation in State of Western Australia
- Nightlife in State of Western Australia
- Restaurants in State of Western Australia
- Shopping in State of Western Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Western Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in State of Western Australia
- 10 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to State of Western Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Western Australia
- Posted in Travel Krabi Forum "Re: Hotel in Railay?"
- Wrote a Review Don't expect to get dinner after 8 p.m.! in State of Western Australia Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't expect to get dinner after 8 p.m.!"
- created a State of Western Australia Travel Page "Western Australia - totally different"
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Kalbarri Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Komodo Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Nice Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ko Lanta Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Australia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Moalboal Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (16)
Top State of Western Australia hotels
- Perth Hotels
- 2288 Reviews - 4816 Photos
- Margaret River Hotels
- 310 Reviews - 708 Photos
- Broome Hotels
- 177 Reviews - 371 Photos
- Busselton Hotels
- 64 Reviews - 136 Photos
- Bunbury Hotels
- 120 Reviews - 499 Photos
- Scarborough Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Mandurah Hotels
- 122 Reviews - 280 Photos
- Fremantle Hotels
- 535 Reviews - 1134 Photos
- Kalgoorlie Hotels
- 176 Reviews - 470 Photos
- Geraldton Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 225 Photos
- Exmouth Hotels
- 99 Reviews - 236 Photos
- Kalbarri Hotels
- 144 Reviews - 367 Photos
- Esperance Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 208 Photos
- Albany Hotels
- 137 Reviews - 511 Photos
- North Fremantle Hotels
- See nearby hotels