"Australia - a country of big contrasts..." Australia by gabyne
Australia Travel Guide: 45,782 reviews and 117,256 photos
Australia - such a big country (or better: continent) with such big contrasts....
You can find almost everything here - from desert to tropical rainforest, from snowy mountains to sandy beaches and from big cities to small villages out of another century.
So far, I've only seen a small part of it: Western Australia from Perth to Exmouth, Barrier Reef and Sydney. But this way, there's much left for the next few visits... ;-)
For nature lovers, Australia is like "El Dorado": there's so much to see!
In 4 weeks, we saw (in the wild):
grey and red kangaroos, black footed wallabies, nailtail wallaby, ringtail and brushtail possum, common wallaroo, long-footed potoroo, tons of flying foxes, galahs, ibis and little corellas (very noisy!), shinglebacks, pelicans, wild horses, pigs, foxes, dugong, humpback whale, dolphins, emus, magpies and magpie geese, black swans, herons and egrets, birds of prey (esp. sea eagles and ospreys), bush stone-curlew, crested pigeons, rainbow lorikeets, water dragons, geckos, Gould's goanna, short-beaked echidna, turtles and some more I can't remember anymore... Isn't that great?
- Pros:there's so much to see; beautiful nature and pulsating cities
- Cons:so far away from Europe
- In a nutshell:Australia - dreamtime...
When driving in Australia, you will see the yellow signs with a kangaroo on it telling you that you have to be very... more travel advice
When in Australia, you have to visit at least some of the beautiful and diverse National Parks or Sanctuaries. Some of... more travel advice
gabyne's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 18 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
- Posted in Travel Krabi Forum "Re: Hotel in Railay?"
- updated a Australia Travel Page "Australia - a country of big contrasts..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Australia - a country of big contrasts..."
- Wrote a Review Beware of Kangaroos! in Australia Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of AnnemieB's Australia travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Kalbarri Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Komodo Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Nice Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ko Lanta Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Australia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Moalboal Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (16)
Top Australia hotels
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 836 Reviews - 1796 Photos
- Sydney Hotels
- 5766 Reviews - 13433 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3371 Reviews - 7591 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 2288 Reviews - 4816 Photos
- Adelaide Hotels
- 979 Reviews - 2129 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 866 Reviews - 2193 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1645 Reviews - 3655 Photos
- Canberra Hotels
- 886 Reviews - 2275 Photos
- Geelong Hotels
- 318 Reviews - 667 Photos
- Caloundra Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 113 Photos
- Coffs Harbour Hotels
- 250 Reviews - 567 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 417 Photos
- Airlie Beach Hotels
- 186 Reviews - 727 Photos