"Entry point to Kalbarri National Park" Kalbarri by gabyne
Kalbarri Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 367 photos
Kalbarri is located at the so-called Batavia Coast where many ships stranded and sank in former times.
Kalbarri is famous with holiday makers and eco-tourists who enjoy walking around the national park. It lies on Murchison river and has a rugged coastline with steep cliffs.
Inside the National Park there are some non-paved paths which require a 4 WD vehicle. (Or at least it's much easier with a 4 WD)
If you are lucky you can see a lot of animals: lizards, kangaroos, pelicans, eagles and the like. And lots of big termite hills...
- Pros:lots of untouched nature
- Cons:small village - rather poor nighlife
- In a nutshell:cliffs, wildflowers, kangaroos...
There is a good surfing area around Kalbarri but it looks like you have to be a very good wave rider since the waves... more travel advice
In Kalbarri you'll see tons of Galahs, the pink-grey cockatoos. Drive carefully because they like to cross the streets... more travel advice
gabyne's Related Pages
Kalbarri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Kalbarri"
- "Kalbarri, Western Australia"
- "Storm in Kalbarri"
- "Kalbarri ~ Spectacular Gorges and Coastline"
- "Kalbarri, and a lot of things to do and see"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalbarri
- Hotels in Kalbarri
- Transportation in Kalbarri
- Nightlife in Kalbarri
- Restaurants in Kalbarri
- Shopping in Kalbarri
- Warnings and Dangers in Kalbarri
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kalbarri
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kalbarri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalbarri
Photos in KalbarriSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Kalbarri Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Komodo Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Nice Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Ko Lanta Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Australia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Moalboal Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos