"Sipadan Island" Pulau Sipadan by gabyne
Pulau Sipadan Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 158 photos
Between two dives, we relaxed on the beach of Sipadan - a beautiful tropical island. One time, we could watch a newly born turtle trying to reach the water, chased by a big lizard. Of course, we chased the lizard so that the baby turtle could reach the water safely. Hopefully, it's still alive...
End of 2004, the resorts on Sipadan are closed down to help the reefs around the island recover since they deteriorated a lot over the years due to too much tourism (divers and sewage).
- Pros:world famous for diving
- Cons:too many tourists, reefs are deteriorating
- In a nutshell:Sipadan got too well-known...
gabyne's Related Pages
Pulau Sipadan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "..marine paradise.."
- "A journey with my Nikon Coolpix 5200 to Sipadan"
- "Sipadan island, the treasure of divers"
- "Easter holiday on Sipadan Island"
- "Sipadan / Mabul"
- "The best drift diving spot in the world...possibly"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Sipadan
- Hotels in Pulau Sipadan
- Transportation in Pulau Sipadan
- Nightlife in Pulau Sipadan
- Restaurants in Pulau Sipadan
- Shopping in Pulau Sipadan
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Sipadan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Sipadan
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Pulau Sipadan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Sipadan
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Kalbarri Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Komodo Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Nice Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ko Lanta Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Australia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moalboal Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos