"High or low - down in the sea or high in the sky" gabyne's Profile
as you could imagine from the title, I'm very fond of diving and rock climbing. And of course TRAVELLING!
Since I love sports, my other hobbies include beach volleyball, horse riding, snowboarding, mountain biking, jogging, tennis and a few others.
Furthermore, I enjoy reading, meeting friends and relaxing.
My latest travels lead me to Australia, once again... I did a four weeks trip in February 2011 with the first three weeks driving from Adelaide down to Kangaroo Island and up into the Red Center. After that, I visited my friend living near Perth. Australia is really cool!
In 2010, I went scuba diving in Indonesia - my favourite place for diving! I spent one week on a boat in Raja Ampat, West Papua, and one week in North Sulawesi, Lembeh Strait. Wow - world's best diving!
In October 2009, I finally went diving in PNG - a once in a livetime experience! I visited Lissenung Island in the far east of the country and Tufi on the PNG mainland.
In February 2009 I went to Australia, once again. I did a four weeks trip with the first week visiting my friend living near Perth, then touring the East Coast (Brisbane to Cairns and further north) with a 4WD. This was cool!
In August 2008 I went to the Philippines - mainly Negros (Dumaguete/Dauin) and Malapascua in the island group of the Visayas. A great area for diving!
In October 2007 I finally realized my dream of watching whalesharks in Mozambique. Within a couple of days I managed to see more than 50!!!
In February 2007 I did a 4 weeks trip to Indonesia - Bali (one week sightseeing and relaxing), South Eastern Sulawesi (Wakatobi Dive Resort in Tukang Besi Archipelago, one week), Java (one week sightseeing to Borobodur, Prambanan, Solo, Mt. Bromo/Tengger Caldera, Mt. Ijen) and North Sulawesi (Lembeh Strait, Manado).
In October 2006, I visited West Papua - Raja Ampat Archipelago - an area with some of the very best diving spots in the world - but quite hard to reach.
In February 2006 I went to the Carribbean, Bonaire island. Before that, I visited Northern Sulawesi in October 2005 and the famous Brother Islands, also called "El Akhawein", in July 2005.
In May 05 I was in Southern France, for rock climbing mainly - what a great area! The food, the vine, the landscape, the smells and the colours! Great!
Before that, I visited Western Australia and Sydney in November/December 2004. I drove up the West Coast from Perth to Exmouth for three weeks and visited Sydney for five days which was great. But 4 weeks for Australia is much too little time!
In July 2004 I have been to Indonesia again - one of my favourite spots. I've been to the islands of Komodo and Bali. It was fantastic - the diving as well as the country and people.
The photo shows a Komodo Dragon - quite a dangerous creature; one of the last dinosaur...
- Papua New Guinea - want to go there again!!
- Indonesia - Sulawesi (again), West Papua (again)
- Australia - Great Barrier Reef, Coral Sea (again), Northern Territory, Tasmania...
- Palau and Yap
- Southern Red Sea
- Solomon Islands/Fiji
- French Polynesia
- Galapagos Islands
- Baja California
- South Africa
- Philippines (again) - Mindoro, Apo, Anilao...
There's so much to see... ;-)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 108 Reviews
- 209 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 28 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- gabyne and kiwi are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "High or low - down in the sea or high in the sky"
- Commented on one of cybergenic's Katoomba travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stroll through the streets"
- Posted in Travel Krabi Forum "Re: Hotel in Railay?"
- Wrote a Review Scuba diving and snorkelling in Egypt Things to Do
- updated a Egypt Travel Page "Egypt - land of the Pharaos"
PhotosSee All Photos (209)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krabi Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Kalbarri Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Komodo Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Nice Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ko Lanta Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Tropez Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Australia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Moalboal Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos