"High or low - down in the sea or high in the sky" gabyne's Profile

Hello VTers,

as you could imagine from the title, I'm very fond of diving and rock climbing. And of course TRAVELLING!

Since I love sports, my other hobbies include beach volleyball, horse riding, snowboarding, mountain biking, jogging, tennis and a few others.

Furthermore, I enjoy reading, meeting friends and relaxing.

My latest travels

My latest travels lead me to Australia, once again... I did a four weeks trip in February 2011 with the first three weeks driving from Adelaide down to Kangaroo Island and up into the Red Center. After that, I visited my friend living near Perth. Australia is really cool!

In 2010, I went scuba diving in Indonesia - my favourite place for diving! I spent one week on a boat in Raja Ampat, West Papua, and one week in North Sulawesi, Lembeh Strait. Wow - world's best diving!

In October 2009, I finally went diving in PNG - a once in a livetime experience! I visited Lissenung Island in the far east of the country and Tufi on the PNG mainland.

In February 2009 I went to Australia, once again. I did a four weeks trip with the first week visiting my friend living near Perth, then touring the East Coast (Brisbane to Cairns and further north) with a 4WD. This was cool!

In August 2008 I went to the Philippines - mainly Negros (Dumaguete/Dauin) and Malapascua in the island group of the Visayas. A great area for diving!

In October 2007 I finally realized my dream of watching whalesharks in Mozambique. Within a couple of days I managed to see more than 50!!!

In February 2007 I did a 4 weeks trip to Indonesia - Bali (one week sightseeing and relaxing), South Eastern Sulawesi (Wakatobi Dive Resort in Tukang Besi Archipelago, one week), Java (one week sightseeing to Borobodur, Prambanan, Solo, Mt. Bromo/Tengger Caldera, Mt. Ijen) and North Sulawesi (Lembeh Strait, Manado).

In October 2006, I visited West Papua - Raja Ampat Archipelago - an area with some of the very best diving spots in the world - but quite hard to reach.

In February 2006 I went to the Carribbean, Bonaire island. Before that, I visited Northern Sulawesi in October 2005 and the famous Brother Islands, also called "El Akhawein", in July 2005.

In May 05 I was in Southern France, for rock climbing mainly - what a great area! The food, the vine, the landscape, the smells and the colours! Great!

Before that, I visited Western Australia and Sydney in November/December 2004. I drove up the West Coast from Perth to Exmouth for three weeks and visited Sydney for five days which was great. But 4 weeks for Australia is much too little time!

In July 2004 I have been to Indonesia again - one of my favourite spots. I've been to the islands of Komodo and Bali. It was fantastic - the diving as well as the country and people.

The photo shows a Komodo Dragon - quite a dangerous creature; one of the last dinosaur...

Next "wanna be" destinations:

- Papua New Guinea - want to go there again!!
- Indonesia - Sulawesi (again), West Papua (again)
- Australia - Great Barrier Reef, Coral Sea (again), Northern Territory, Tasmania...
- Palau and Yap
- Southern Red Sea
- Solomon Islands/Fiji
- French Polynesia
- Galapagos Islands
- Baja California
- South Africa
- Hawaii
- Philippines (again) - Mindoro, Apo, Anilao...

There's so much to see... ;-)

• Intro Updated Oct 30, 2011

• Nov 1, 2012 at 9:37 AM

hi...a belated happy birthday to you. What was your birthday wish? hehehe.....

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Nice to meet you in today's birthday list but you have not login for quite some time ?!. Anyway, a warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Cheers. Hope you remember your password and comeback.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2012 at 6:46 AM

I came to wish you a happy birthday, but im seeing the amazing pictures,,,wow!!!

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Super well travelled Gaby. Congrats! And a good look at our Aussie. Well done. I love the West and Far North. Here in Melb we're still watching Komm.. Rex' !?;-) Laurie.

• Nov 1, 2010 at 3:15 AM

I am sending a belated birthday greetrings to you again. My apolgies. Hope you are well.

• ni3sgalave's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Dear Gaby, May this New Year bring many opportunities your way, to explore every joy of life and may your resolutions for the days ahead stay firm, turning all your dreams into reality and all your efforts into great achievements. :) Nitin Mumbai India

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Happy Belated Birthday again Gaby. I hope you are spending your birthday doing wonderful things. Janet

• hasanhanks's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM

~Happy Birthday Gaby~

• gugi66's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2008 at 3:53 AM

Happy birthday and best wishes. Greetings from Stockholm, Sweden.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2008 at 1:19 AM

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Gaby! Schöne Grüße aus Italien, Michele

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!