"Montevideo" Montevideo by darrellh
Montevideo Travel Guide: 544 reviews and 1,136 photos
The highlight of my trip to Montevideo was the meat market in the old town. Be warned you will be bombarded by EVERY vendor here who wants you to eat at their place. We got lucky and we ate at a place with a second floor dining area where we was able to view all of the action from the market. Of course we had the meat sampler and I was able to pig out on many different cuts of meat.
Our hotel the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Montevideo told us about a bus tour of the city. The bus tour was great because it tooks us to many different areas of the city. The old city, along the coastline, some of the upscale residential areas, the soccer stadium, government buildings and palaces, and the new communication building which is the tallest building in the city. While on the tour we noticed a lot of the great sculptures that are in the city.
Bad news: When we walked along the coastline it was a very cold and windy day and the conditions was miserable at times.
Good news: I was able to get some great pictures due to the high winds crashing the water along the shore
- Pros:meat paradise, great sculptures, Historic old town area
- Cons:Bad winter in Sept.
- In a nutshell:When in Buenos Aires be sure to visit Montevideo as well
darrellh's Related Pages
Montevideo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montevideo, balcón al mar"
- "Monte video , yes I saw the mountain as well"
- "Ciudad de Emociones- Montevideo - City Of Emotions"
- "I was here!!!"
- "MONTEVIDEO – ‘I SEE A MOUNTAIN?’"
- "MVD: IN PROGRESS...CHECK BACK SOON"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montevideo
- Hotels in Montevideo
- Transportation in Montevideo
- Nightlife in Montevideo
- Restaurants in Montevideo
- Shopping in Montevideo
- Warnings and Dangers in Montevideo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montevideo
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Montevideo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montevideo
Photos in MontevideoSee All Photos (3)
Top 5 Pages
- Baltimore Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Alexandria 1 review, 4 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Montevideo Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.