"Érd" Erd by katalin
Erd Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 151 photos
Place of Érd town was populated in prehistorical time (B.C. 50,000). It was hunter yard. Later it had earthfortress. The Roman conquerors built watch tower and military road which was part of Limes.
After the Hungarian Conquest Period (895) more village were evolved. It was destroyed in the time of Turkish occupation (1541-1686). After the Turkish Érd was property of large landowners family (Szapáry, Illésházy).
In 1848 Érd was property of Sina Family. György Sina supported the constructions of Chain bridge in Budapest.
Early of 20th century Érd was property of Károlyi Family. In the second half of 1920 they parcelled more than three thousand Hungarian acres from their estate. The cheap plot price, the proximity of Budapest was engaging for the population and the whole area of Hungary came settlings.
- Pros:good air, beautiful landscape, neraby Budapest
katalin's Related Pages
Erd Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Erd
- Transportation in Erd
- Restaurants in Erd
- Warnings and Dangers in Erd
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Erd
- 36 Reviews
- 151 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Erd?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Erd
Photos in ErdSee All Photos (151)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 71 reviews, 264 photos
- Erd Intro, 36 reviews, 151 photos
- Gheorgheni Intro, 27 reviews, 125 photos
- Hungary Intro, 27 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Turda Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos
- Oradea Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos
- Szarvas Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 44 photos
- Zablace Intro, 7 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ciumani Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos