Alice Springs Things to Do Tips by leon.partsi

Alice Springs Things to Do: 145 reviews and 347 photos

My Uluru Tour Group - I'm on the Far Right in Blue - Alice Springs

My Uluru Tour Group - I'm on the Far Right in Blue

The Rock Tours

I did a 3-day camping tour with The Rock Tour company in 2010 - a trip that filled up to maximum and was handled beautifully by the tour guide Sasha.

We got to experience a lot of things while taking care of ourselves - cooking and cleaning with her help and we even got to change a flat tire on the tour bus. Massive amounts of fun!

In all seriousness Sasha was a fantastic tour guide who knew the area well enough to drive around without navigation (I was totally lost) and seemed to know a lot of the aboriginal tales and folklore surronding the spiritual sites we were visiting.

The tour itself was self catered and well organised - we never felt we were being pressed too hard for time or effort. We got to relax and we ate well and we saw lots of cool things, so I've got absolutely no problems recommending it to everyone on here.

Address: 78 Todd Street Alice Springs

Directions: It's right next to the Rock Bar on Main Street, however don't worry as the company picks up and drops off from any hostel/hotel in town.

Website: http://www.therocktour.com.au/if_home.php

Emu Run Home Office - Alice Springs

Emu Run Home Office

Emu Run Tours

Getting on a minibus and exploring the depths of the NT Outback is most definitely draws most tourists over to Alice Springs in the first place.

Emu Run tours does a great guided tour to the places the locals go. I was travelling with a born and bred North Territorian who spent the first 18 years of her life in Alice Springs and she booked a West Macdonnell Ranges tour for us, saying it visited all her favourite places growing up.

The buses are in good condition and safe, and the tour guide knew the area so well he drove without any navigation required. He could tell us every detail of every area we visited and wasn't a slouch in his local history either. It was pretty amazing to witness this level of professional tour guide mixed with the laid-back and easy-going attitude so infectious to the NT.

Directions: It's right on the main street near Bojangles and The Rock Bar, but don't worry as they pick up and drop off for all tours.

Phone: +61 8 8953 7057

Website: http://www.emurun.com.au/

You Thorny Devil! - Alice Springs

You Thorny Devil!

Desert Park: Flora and Fauna in Abundant Supply

Local plant and animal life flourish at the Desert Park, which is a short 10min car ride out of Alice Springs.

There's a pretty wicked bird show (easily the star of the park) that's free with admission ($20 for adults, $10 for kids). As a matter of fact kids should enjoy the whole park no worries - lots of cool looking plants and lots of animals to interact with.

There's also a night walk ($20) which can be set up to include dinner and a drink at the end ($45). Expensive but fairly worth it - it's a great setting for a meal and the tour guides really know their stuff.

You are offered an audio band at the park entrance so you can listen in on tour guides when you get to special areas - I recommend it mainly to people a little more interested in science and botany. If you're just here for a casual look around you won't need these.

Address: Alice Springs Desert Park, Larapinta Drive

Directions: It's unmissable if you are driving down Larapinta Drive. All taxi's know where to go and it's $20 each way.

Phone: + 61 8 8951 8788

Website: http://www.alicespringsdesertpark.com.au/

leon.partsi

“Try everything so many times you can't stand it anymore.”

Badges & Stats in Alice Springs

Have you been to Alice Springs?