"Not Too Quiet, Not Too Busy - Just Right" Perth by leon.partsi
Perth Travel Guide: 2,355 reviews and 5,219 photos
Perth, on the far West of Australia, is deceptively high North (higher than Sydney if you draw a line horizontally through the country) and gets all it's main business from a booming mining economy located further into the country East.
When you step off the plane, depending on the time of year of course, you'll be pleasantly surprised to find the climate to be a little more tropical than is standard for an Australian city not located in Queensland. The sun is beautiful and shining, there is not really any fog, and you can hear wildlife even this close to the airport.
Perth's big enough to have several suburbs requiring their own travel page, so I've split up the guides into sections on Perth City, on Fremantle and on Rottnest Island.
Light Snack: $5-8
Lunch: based on your tastes anywhere between $10 - $40
Beer: bottle $5-10, pot $5, pint $10-15, jug $15-25
Train ticket: $1-3
Movie: $16 (adult)
Ferry to Rottnest Island: $70
So, after my time here I have the following recommendations:
Don't stay in Perth City. Apart from shop and eat, there is nothing to do in the city. Stay in one of the cooler suburbs and visit Perth City. Cooler suburbs include Fremantle, Mt Lawley, Subiaco and Lederville.
Rottnest Island is awesome and worth the price to visit.
Dont' drink at fancy places unless you have a big budget.
- Pros:Small, Calm, Classy
- Cons:Expensive, Early lock-out
- In a nutshell:charming and easygoing - Perth is too easy
Rottnest Island (affectionately referred to as 'Rotto' by Aussies) is a short 40-min ferry from either Fremantle or... more travel advice
King's Park is much bigger than you might imagine - about 4 square kilometers in total. There are several walking trails... more travel advice
leon.partsi's Related Pages
Perth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Perth - Western Australia"
- "Nice Beaches Awesome Sunsets Stunning Wildflowers"
- "Here in Western Australia-Perth"
- "MY TIME IN PERTH"
- "Perth...A Home Away From Home"
- "My Home - PERTH"
- "Perth, Australia - My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perth
- Hotels in Perth
- Transportation in Perth
- Nightlife in Perth
- Restaurants in Perth
- Shopping in Perth
- Warnings and Dangers in Perth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perth
- 13 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Perth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perth
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alice Springs Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Perth Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Fremantle Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Nepal Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Moscow Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Sydney Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Vang Vieng Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos