Borisborough hasn't come back to VirtualTourist in a while.
Meet other members!

My Favorite Pages

Travel Map

alirahmans Feb 17, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'is Bukit bintang an ideal place to stay for a family visitor?'. Thanks for your advice.

angiebabe's Profile Photo
angiebabe Feb 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Hi wonderful write up here of your wide and wonderful range of travels! Great to see youve been blessed with living in lovely NZ too! Ive been living over in the UK for 12 years which some of my family regard as rather indulgent to just be working to travel! but what a wonderful way to see the world based over there - Ive been enjoying being back home in and around NZ for 6 weeks so far - youre right about NZ being so much further away but oh well its so beautiful too and I see there are still some great deals being offered to entice getting on those planes!..what I want to do when I do get back is see the islands around the south pacific on this side of the world!

kiwi Feb 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I'm looking forward to watching "Wild Britain" on Living channel this month, the shorts look amazing. And I once watched a documentary of a helicopter flight over Hadrians Wall. Those are the kind of things I love about UK. The Coast is another aspect of UK I find stunning. We just won't mention the weather cos our's is rarely any better!!

• Borisborough Feb 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM

NZ and the Uk are very similar - both island nations of roughly the same size with rugged coastlines and maritime climates. London's average annual rainfall is 582mm compared to Auckland's 1240mm - but Auckland has more sunshine. I'd rather live in Auckland but I do miss the history that Britain has - SkyTV is great for this.

kiwi Jan 31, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Wow! You've done so much. Hope you are enjoying the summer, it's about time we had some nice weather :-)

• Borisborough Jan 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM

But not skydiving yet!!! My wife's got me intro backpacking - she's my own personal adventure travel agent. Auckland is scorching - no rain for a couple of months and Mt Eden is the brownest I've seen it.

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    kiwi Feb 1, 2013 at 2:34 AM

It's perfect weather for skydiving, oh well, I'm sure she has plenty for you to do :-))

rudysmom626's Profile Photo
rudysmom626 Jan 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Hey Steve! Just wanted to let you know that we named your photo of the Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as this week's Member Photo of the Week! You can check it out on our Facebook here: facebook.com/VirtualTourist?...

I'll be messaging your shortly for your flipflop size so we can send you some goodies!

Congrats!
Blake aka Rudysmom626

Parisforless's Profile Photo
Parisforless Nov 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Thank you for accepting my friendship
Svetlana Bellon

kiwi Oct 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Haha, the journalist who wrote the Val Adams story is probably a Brit LOL. :-))

• Borisborough Oct 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I didn't realise that! It really is one of the better articles I've read on the topic and, I'm sorry to say, the standard of the journalism in the NZ Herald is usually no better than that in the Grimsby Evening Telegraph my hometown newspaper in England - http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/home. :-)

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    kiwi Oct 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Oh I was just guessing, it's not fact at all :-) I just mean that it had to be a nonkiwi if it was a good article LOL.

DrunkenTraveller's Profile Photo
DrunkenTraveller Sep 23, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Hiya boris! Long time no see. Ive been stuck with work for the longest time and didnt have a chance to get onto VT for a while. Just wanted to put a shout out to you about my new page on FB. Please give it a like if you enjoy my pictures ok? :) Hope ur keeping well?

Page Link :

facebook.com/TenillePhotogra...

Ntomnif's Profile Photo
Ntomnif Sep 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Quite amazing pages Steve.Best regards in all your journeys and warm greetings from Cameroon

CDM7's Profile Photo
CDM7 Jul 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Many thanks Steve,big help.