"Summer holiday in Margate, KZN, South Africa" Margate by cmdb
Margate Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 16 photos
Margate is on the south coast of KwaZulu Natal in South Africa. It is a town where lots of South Africans go during their holidays. In summer it is hot and in winter it is mild - you can still swim in the sea(ocean) during our winter months which are from May to July. It is about 150km from Durban International Airport. If you fly to Durban there is daily a shuttle bus that runs from Margate to the Airport and back. Margate has its own airport but only SA Airlink has flights from Johannesburg to Margate. Margate is also popular for its Air shows. The beach is beautiful and you can walk for long distances along the beach. There are lots of eating places that suits all budgets. There are also street vendors selling nice fruit and their craft work. Those who love fishing, there is a special place near the rocks where they fish. Accommodation is also not a problem, just remember to always book in advance for December. It is our high season in South Africa. February, March is a very nice time and out of season.
- Pros:Lots of accommodation in all categories. Good Restaurants
- Cons:Avoid the small Thia take away shop - its not real Thia food.
- In a nutshell:If you love the sun and the beach - go there
cmdb's Related Pages
Margate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Margate is happening!"
- "Summer holiday in Margate, KZN, South Africa"
- "Marget - Hot days and cool waves!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Margate
- Hotels in Margate
- Nightlife in Margate
- Restaurants in Margate
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Margate
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Margate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Margate
Photos in MargateSee All Photos (4)
- Clarens Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg 1 review, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Margate Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Shanghai 1 photo, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.