"Baler with Lunti" Top 5 Page for this destination Baler by jessgotdestiny
Baler Travel Guide: 161 reviews and 496 photos
We were a small environment awareness group who were off to head on and set an outdoor activity for summer. We went to Baler for our Mangrove Planting activity and a little side field trip about natural fertilizers after.
It was my first time to plant actual mangroves on a site. I thought the process could be a bit tedious but well, it comes too easy. One just needs to find a perfect spot to plant the seedlings and have it secured as it grows.
For one, mangroves play an important role in the marine ecosystem. They serve as nursery habitats for many marine species. And as trees, they also play a role in preventing erosion.
So this is it. When we arrived at Baler from our overnight bus trip from Manila, we were greeted by clear skies, fresh air, and the rising sun.
Baler has offered us not only mangroves, but beaches, waterfalls, great food, and a green countryside alongside with it.
- Pros:Windy baywalks. Perfect for surfing. Great food. Beautiful.
- Cons:Weather can be rainy unpredictably rainy and getting there (from Manila) could be pretty tiring.
We had a little view of the church's history after the movie Baler (2008) . I was expecting to see a century old church... more travel advice
After our Mangrove Planting activity, we headed to the Recycling Facility where we saw Eco-brick products, locally grown... more travel advice
jessgotdestiny's Related Pages
Baler Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BALER...coconut trees, forest and the blue ocean"
- "There's More To Baler Than The Sunrise"
- "That perfect sunrise"
- "Baler with Lunti"
- "BEAUTIFUL PLACE, and LOTS TO DO"
- "HELLO BALER!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baler
- Hotels in Baler
- Transportation in Baler
- Restaurants in Baler
- Shopping in Baler
- Warnings and Dangers in Baler
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baler
- 7 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Baler?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baler
- Posted in Travel Bohol Forum "Re: traveling alone to bohol"
- Commented on one of jessgotdestiny's Baler travel pages
- Wrote a Review A historic visit to the church of Baler in Baler Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "A historic visit to the church of Baler"
- updated a Baler Travel Page "Baler with Lunti"
Photos in BalerSee All Photos (30)
Top 5 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos
- Cagayan de Oro City Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Hong Kong 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Bali 1 review