"Home Sweet Home" Kalama by RenaeHarrison

Kalama Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 30 photos

Home Sweet Home

We have a house on Green Mountain in between Woodland and Kalama. We are at 900 feet so we often get snow that disappears once you come down the mountain. We have a view of the Columbia River and love the wildlife we get to spot up here.

We've had a deer lay down right outside our back porch, just chillin. We got to see a bobcat hunting what looked like a black rat in our yard (ew). I never get bored watching the eagles and hawks. I was super surprised at how big racoons were. There were four all running together one day & they looked like they could take Kasey on easy. We saw a herd of elk further down the mountain and I've seen the tracks up here. Thought for sure it was an earthquake but who's to say? I also saw a super cute coyote mouse or mole hunting. The coyotes up here are way cuter than the ones in the desert. We also saw a badger trying to get out of the snow. Pretty cute.

Kalama is also known for being the high school showed in the Twilight movies. It's really small. Woodland is actually closer for us for shopping.

• Intro Updated Feb 7, 2011

Comments

RenaeHarrison

“See it all”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.