"Bonnie Scotland" Scotland by Sprucebeer
Scotland Travel Guide: 13,307 reviews and 30,619 photos
Living in the French Province of Canada (Quebec), very few people here know why one would travel to Scotland. Before going, I was often asked why? Are your ancestral roots from there? I’m sure that I have some family background from Scotland along the line somewhere, but there is much more to the Country than tracing back your roots.
Scotland is an amazing country with charming people and awe-inspiring views… the views! No wonder Scotland gave birth to so many writers and poets. I don’t blame the Royal Family for making this special place their home for the holidays. Scotland is also a country rich in history, a tragic one at that and has also given birth to many ingenious entrepreneurs, inventors and revolutionists.
Scotland has so much to offer, scenery, people, history, whisky of course and don’t forget the golf! What hit me the most during our travels was the bareness of the Highlands. The hills are so bare!! They seemed to be covered in grass/moss and heather; no trees, no farms, no people. There are some spots of forest, privately owned for lumber, and some villages here and there. But for the most part you are on your own and seem lost in the vastness of the land. There is wildlife however, not easy to spot, which promotes hunting on the land. The most popular event being grouse hunting in the heather clad hills.
- Cons:Can get a bit expensive
- In a nutshell:Not just whisky and Nessie!
Not sure this is off the beaten path for a trip to Scotland, but it is for sure of the path of Glasgow. I didn’t find... more travel advice
I’m not a Scotch drinker, but when in Scotland it is a must. We had the chance to visit the Glenlivet distillery. The... more travel advice
Sprucebeer's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- "BONNIE SCOTLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 22 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hull Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valkenburg Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Groningen Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Kerry Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cashel Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Scotland Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos