"NORTHERN TERRITORY - THE TOP END -" Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory by Rox
Northern Territory Travel Guide: 2,393 reviews and 8,004 photos
Darwin not founded until 1869, the territory's capital. The biggest historical influences have been the 2nd world war when the bombing of Darwin by the japanese took place in February 1942 and again in 1974 when cyclone Tracey arrived to destroy much of the city on the night of Christmas Eve. Winds peaked at up to 280kms/hr leaving only 400 odd houses out of 11,200 relatively intact. Today the city is a great place to visit with it's unique wildlife along with stunning vistas and not to mention warm weather all year round.
I visit Darwin often to see my nephews and family and each time there is always somewhere I want to see. The list keeps going on, so as I venture to new places I will add them to these pages. I hope you enjoy the scenery.
- Pros:great weather and stunning vistas, laid back people
- Cons:very humid and can be uncomfortable during the wet
- In a nutshell:You'l never never know if you never ever go
Kakadu National Park Swimming in perfectly clear water holes absolutely stunning scenery, clear blue skies and colours... more travel advice
What better way to pick up a great souvenir and also put yourself in the draw to win $250,000 AUD. These tickets have... more travel advice
Rox's Related Pages
Northern Territory Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Territory...Natures Playground!"
- "The Red Centre and north to Darwin"
- "Untouched Natural Beauty & Unique Mix of Cultures"
- "The Northern Territory"
- "NORTHERN TERRITORY - THE TOP END -"
- "The Outback: Unbelievable"
- "Northern Territory"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Northern Territory
- Hotels in Northern Territory
- Transportation in Northern Territory
- Nightlife in Northern Territory
- Restaurants in Northern Territory
- Shopping in Northern Territory
- Warnings and Dangers in Northern Territory
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Northern Territory
- 11 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Northern Territory?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Northern Territory
Photos in Northern TerritorySee All Photos (38)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.
Top Northern Territory hotels
- Darwin Hotels
- 685 Reviews - 2050 Photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotels
- 460 Reviews - 1271 Photos
- Alice Springs Hotels
- 391 Reviews - 1233 Photos
- Katherine Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 324 Photos
- Mataranka Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 295 Photos
- Kakadu National Park Hotels
- 274 Reviews - 971 Photos
- Jabiru Hotels
- 1 Review - 20 Photos
- Batchelor Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 53 Photos
- Barrow Creek Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 48 Photos
- Fannie Bay Hotels
- 1 Review - 6 Photos
- Tennant Creek Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Pine Creek Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 147 Photos
- Maranboy Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 31 Photos
- Gosses Bluff Range Hotels
- See nearby hotels