"Tanshui" Tan-shui by Burtty
Tan-shui Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 76 photos
Tanshui was located at the north of Taipei. The Tanshui river goes through Taipei city and goes into the sea at Tanshui. This made Tanshui an important port in the ancient times. It was also one of the earliest town in Taiwan. There were some historic buildings here. Not all of them were built in the Chinese style. Some of them were built by the Spanish at the discovery era and some of them were built by the missionary .
Tanshui river cuts through the mountains before going into the sea. This also gives Tanshui some scenic views.
Alethia University was found by the missionary Dr. George Leslie Mackay in 1882. It was called Oxford College at the... more travel advice
Burtty's Related Pages
Tan-shui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Dam-Shui"
- "From a fishing village to tourist site"
- "Dan-shui Taipei Taiwan"
- "Storyin Danshui"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tan-shui
- Transportation in Tan-shui
- Nightlife in Tan-shui
- Restaurants in Tan-shui
- Shopping in Tan-shui
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tan-shui
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tan-shui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tan-shui
Photos in Tan-shuiSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Taitung Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hualian Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taiwan Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Jih-yueh T'an Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hsi-k'ou Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Jen-ai Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Hannover Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos