"Florence, A Must" Florence by wealthandhealth

Florence Travel Guide: 5,035 reviews and 11,002 photos

Beside the Ponte Vecchio

Beside the Ponte Vecchio

There I sat upon the wall, contemplating my next move. The infamous, Ponte Vecchio was in my sight and all I could do was stare at its shimmering glory, as the October sun grazed the facade. 5 inches from my left, a 20 foot drop onto lush, green, grass; yet I laid comfortably enjoying my moment of, Firenze; despite teetering to my right for protection.

This was my vacation; without any inclination to buy my return flight home. I laughed to myself while watching the tourists avoid the many illegal street vendors standing next to me. Every one of them was on edge with their head on a swivel, to escape, La Polizia just around the corner.

I had nothing to worry about, nor a reason to run. I sat as though floating on air, upon my own cloud 9. Who could claim that they've sat upon this particular wall with a laptop beneath their finger tips; while pounding sequential buttons, forming stories akin to this?

I made my decision, to rejoin my family back in, Canada. Though, I realized with bitter-sweetness, that they won't see my relaxed and smiling face, nor hear my newly acquired Italian voice until December, because Italian classes start next week.

Copyright Antony S. Scandale 2011.

Find my travel photos at...
www.antonyscandale.com

• Intro Updated Jan 18, 2011

Comments

wealthandhealth

“You are this moment!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence