"my childhood summers spent in Narvacan" Narvacan by YlocanaBelle

Narvacan Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 19 photos

the 3 story house on the left was my family ancestral home. it was used by the japanese as their headquarters. my grandfather who was then the town mayor was forced to leave along with his family. my dad flew with american pilots on reconnaisance trips to taiwan. I shall always have fond memories of my childhood summers spent in that house with my big brood of cousins and uncles and aunts.

Sulvec beach

when I was bringing up my children, I brought them to spend their summers learning to walk in Sulvec beach. sunsets and walking along the beach were my favorite past times. in the photo is my Aunt who nurtured most of us growing up. that's her on the beach with a niece who is now a mom of 2 herself and lives in the states.

Paraiso ni Juan

this is one of the most popular bathing places cos of the corals which form a protective barrier against the strong surf. the grotto is a famous site where the movie of Fernando Poe 'Ang Panday' was filmed along with the watchtower.

• Last visit to Narvacan: May 2011
  • Intro Written Aug 29, 2011

• Aug 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I was born & raised in Narvacan. It's so heartwarming to see the old Cordero ancestral house. I used to go there to learn piano lessons on the 2nd floor with your Auntie back in the late 60's. It distressed me when I found out that the house was torn down because I strongly believe that it should have been preserved as a historical site. By the way, I went to school with Lea Cordero Solano. Warm regards.
    Rosabelle Borge-Calangan
    Santa Maria, California

YlocanaBelle

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Narvacan

Have you been to Narvacan?

Latest Activity in Narvacan